So how can we fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    Won't happen. There's no financial argument for doing so. That's the bottom line.
    I know the GAA did well form hiring out Croke Park to the IRFU but did the higher attendences more than compensate the irfu for
    rent that was paid

Comment

Incorporate the AIL/UBL clubs into the development of the players.

Don't think the r'ship is broken between the fans and the club/team.
      Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post
        I know the GAA did well form hiring out Croke Park to the IRFU but did the higher attendences more than compensate the irfu for
        rent that was paid
        Munster make a fortune from hospitality and concessions in TP. The GAA would get all that from a match in PUC. Add in rent and and the fact that for a Euro quarter final the away team get a chunk of the gate money too and Munster wouldn't make as much as you think.

Plus if they had ever wanted to move to a GAA ground for a quarter final there's a 50000 capacity stadium just down the road from TP. They've never even considered the option for the reasons given above.
        Last edited by Wallyman; 14th-December-2015, 12:31.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
          Incorporate the AIL/UBL clubs into the development of the players.

Don't think the r'ship is broken between the fans and the club/team.
          The AIL is incorporated into the development of players already. Look at current academy players - all playing AIL. Jack O Donoghue was playing AIL with UL Bohs before he progressed into the senior set up with Munster. What do you want to change about AIL and development of players?

Comment

Fair enough.
            You'd think that all income from a match/event could be factored in.

Especially as I was just reading the other day that the gaelic grounds are now a financial drain on Limerick GAA.
            Many people expect the new PUC to be the same for Cork GAA.
            There aren't enough big crowd games in Munster GAA for all the stadia they have.
            Last edited by Pythagoras; 14th-December-2015, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
              Only for the big box office draw games. It would have to be Munster V leinster imho
              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2486648
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                  The AIL is incorporated into the development of players already. Look at current academy players - all playing AIL. Jack O Donoghue was playing AIL with UL Bohs before he progressed into the senior set up with Munster. What do you want to change about AIL and development of players?
                  Read the David Wallace article in the Examiner last week..he more or less said get rid of the B&I cup and concentrate on the AIL to pick up the late developer..he said if he was starting now days he would miss the boat as he didn't develop until his 20s and wouldn't have got into the academy and many more like him..

Comment

Originally posted by greenback View Post
                    Read the David Wallace article in the Examiner last week..he more or less said get rid of the B&I cup and concentrate on the AIL to pick up the late developer..he said if he was starting now days he would miss the boat as he didn't develop until his 20s and wouldn't have got into the academy and many more like him..
                    Getting rid of the British and Irish Cup isn't going to happen though and you still have the AIL for late developers but British and Irish Cup acts as a bridge between AIL and pro12.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                      Getting rid of the British and Irish Cup isn't going to happen though and you still have the AIL for late developers but British and Irish Cup acts as a bridge between AIL and pro12.
                      Wallace,M Lawler Etc didn't need a bridge...

Comment

I haven´t been online much, and actually I was on a vineyard tour on saturday for the game... phew..
                        But.. It seems Mike Catt is looking for work at the moment...

wouldn´t be a bad option if cash was there..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...-a6771016.html
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

So because some people didn't need a bridge we should get rid of the bridge? Right...

Comment

Different era for your examples and because some don't need that step you propose to improve things by removing the step?
                            That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                              I haven´t been online much, and actually I was on a vineyard tour on saturday for the game... phew..
                              But.. It seems Mike Catt is looking for work at the moment...

wouldn´t be a bad option if cash was there..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...-a6771016.html

Great minds, fella. He did goo things with LI and England. He'll have a Premiership gig pretty quickly though I'd imagine.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post
                                rent that was paid
                                Yes, I think the irfu were able to pay the rent for CP out of the extra tickets they could sell for the game.

Which brings us nicely to the business case for PUC. It will be a (mostly) brand new stadium, so people will want to go there. As for the hospitality, extra revenue, etc surely this can be negotiated into the deal as this is revenue PUC would not get otherwise e.g. Munster Rugby get 50%of all profits from hospitality at the ground, etc Lastly, PUC i is in the second biggest city i in the state and by far the biggest in Munster and that helps filling grounds on big match days.

I guess when revenues & funds are tight you can stick your head in the sand &hope they will. Improve, or you can actually do something constructive & innovative to try to improve things. Munster's choice?!

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Working...
                                X