Thomond Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomond Park

As i work in Dublin at the moment i have'nt the chance to see the redevolpment of Thomond. I though there might be a sticky with continous updates on it but i couldnt find anything..feck sake lads keep us sad arses stuck in dublin updated!Could anyone who lives close post any recent pictures or does anyone know how development is going, cheers

its already been done on another thread... have a look yourself.....

edit:Sorry if that sounded rude.. its on the website somewhere....

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I was looking already just couldnt find it, though there would be a bit more info on it to be honest

Comment

Was looking for it as well, could not find the most up to date thread. Will look again.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Cheers McCloud im looking aswell myself

Comment

Cannot access your link try here
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Cheers McCloud. Great stuff

Comment

Can’t see any problem with this, not as if they locals would object, no form at all in complaints about development in the area at all

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/h...edium=facebook
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                  Can’t see any problem with this, not as if they locals would object, no form at all in complaints about development in the area at all

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/h...edium=facebook
                  “Munster Rugby, famous for their feats on the grass of Thomond Park have no involvement in the project, but could benefit from its development.”
                  seems strange given that it is the Munster/Thomond Park brand which would leverage from.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

“Munster Rugby, famous for their feats on the grass of Thomond Park have no involvement in the project, but could benefit from its development.”
                    seems strange given that it is the Munster/Thomond Park brand which would leverage from.
                    If MR have nothing to do with it, then how are the stadium bosses, who work for MR and the IRFU confident of raising the finance? And the drawing clearly shows a bridge going from one of the proposed buildings to the East Stand, so they have to be involved in some way.
                    Last edited by Wallyman; 14-July-2020, 23:12.

Comment

Now that's a Strategic Plan - Great news for Limerick and a huge positive spin off for Munster Rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

If MR have nothing to do with it, then how are the stadium bosses, who work for MR and the IRFU confident of raising the finance? And the drawing clearly shows a bridge going from one of the proposed buildings to the East Stand, so they have to be involved in some way.

It's not explained very well in the article. They cite Thomond Park Stadium, which I'd imagine is the Limited company linked to the initial development and operating the events/commercial elements. Would make sense that those operations were hived off into a standalone vehicle, and probably makes sense for whatever funding pot is being accessed by the Council that they are the entity cited.

There's not much info about Thomond Park Stadium from a quick google, but I'd assume that the IRFU are the shareholder? Or maybe Munster Rugby?

John Cantwell is listed as a contact on one site for Thomond Park Stadium, and would very much appear a Munster Rugby employee from the outside.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

AFAIK the stadium is 50% owned by the Munster Branch and 50% by the the IRFU.

Comment

Would be incredible but unfortunately there's a few serial objectors in that area. They objected to LED signs being erected a couple of years ago, a 5k indoor arena, hotel and car park are sure hardly going to get through. I hope they do though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

I am doubtful about this. Other than Munster Rugby Thomond Park has been a flop for Non Munster events. World Club Sevens, Soccer and very few concerts.

From a Sports point of view i cant see much demand for a 5,000 seat arena. Maybe for Concerts in the Winter Months.

Comment

Working...
                              X