Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G12 Game 9) Dragons v Munster. S4C. Sun 6/12 14:30

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    The big profits are not made with the small league attendances which barely break even but with the ERC sell outs.
    The days of European sell outs are gone. It's easy to get tickets to all the games. Leicester next week might sell out, but nobody who wanted to go will be without a ticket. There are issues with attendances in the Pro12 caused by many things such as bad KO times and poor performances, but one that has been there for years is the attitude of the Pro12 being below Europe and not worth going to. I know a lot with this attitude who'll rock up to TP on European day and travel to the away game, but wouldn't be seen dead at a Pro12 game unless it's the Leinster game.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
      The days of European sell outs are gone. It's easy to get tickets to all the games. Leicester next week might sell out, but nobody who wanted to go will be without a ticket. There are issues with attendances in the Pro12 caused by many things such as bad KO times and poor performances, but one that has been there for years is the attitude of the Pro12 being below Europe and not worth going to. I know a lot with this attitude who'll rock up to TP on European day and travel to the away game, but wouldn't be seen dead at a Pro12 game unless it's the Leinster game.
      That attitude will never change (imo) but assuming it might until it has its the ERC that rules the roost
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by sewa View Post
        The big profits are not made with the small league attendances which barely break even but with the ERC sell outs.
        That's the way the competition is sold by the rugby clubs the treviso match was no where near sold out and the Leicester match will only sell out because of persistent advertising on social media an radio if it sells out!?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by froganco View Post
          That's the way the competition is sold by the rugby clubs the treviso match was no where near sold out and the Leicester match will only sell out because of persistent advertising on social media an radio if it sells out!?
          Be honest, much as people might like to pretend otherwise a pro 12 game against say the Ospreys or Ulster is never going to match a HEC game against them. It would be like the GAA trying to turn their league into something bigger than the All Ireland, it won't work
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            There is benefits to both competitions, going well in the cup can be attributed to good game management and being a good 'cup' team with a series of one off performances. Going well in the league can be great for continuity and breeding a winning mentality.

            Just because we are out of one does not mean we are a bad team per se
            Let's get a grip, here, folks, because right now we're out of neither.
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by sewa View Post
              Be honest, much as people might like to pretend otherwise a pro 12 game against say the Ospreys or Ulster is never going to match a HEC game against them. It would be like the GAA trying to turn their league into something bigger than the All Ireland, it won't work
              If munster rugby don't get excited by ulster or ospreys coming to town then the knock on affect is neither will the fans I always enjoyed the pro 12 games but the effort isn't there lately from the club to sell it

              Comment


                #22
                So, back to the topic of the thread...

                I think we need to field a strong side for this in preparation for Leicester. We've rotated a lot, which I think is a good thing, but we need to get our first team settled for the big European games.

                I'd look at giving Hurley and Saili another run together in the centre with Amorosino at FB, Zebo on one wing and Earls on the other. That's probably our strongest back line and we haven't seen it yet this season, although Conway has been going very well.

                Murray and Keatley at half back. TOL has been solid but we need the former's control. No real alternative at 10 right now.

                Up front I'd bring Dave Foley back into the row, give Doyle a run at 7, rest CJ, put JOD or Copeland at 8 and DOC at 6 (if he's fit?). See how Ryan gets on from the start at TH with Cronin and Scannell at LH and hooker. It hasn't been mentioned in all the post-Connacht negativity but the latter two were very good at the weekend and Ryan did well when he came on. It was a big positive.

                That should be a strong enough side to win and will give us some more options in key positions.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  So what your saying is each season you worry about the ECC for the season after. Thats some twisted logic right there
                  No but our performance in de pro12 significantly affects our chances to have success in the ECC

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    So, back to the topic of the thread...

                    I think we need to field a strong side for this in preparation for Leicester. We've rotated a lot, which I think is a good thing, but we need to get our first team settled for the big European games.

                    I'd look at giving Hurley and Saili another run together in the centre with Amorosino at FB, Zebo on one wing and Earls on the other. That's probably our strongest back line and we haven't seen it yet this season, although Conway has been going very well.

                    Murray and Keatley at half back. TOL has been solid but we need the former's control. No real alternative at 10 right now.

                    Up front I'd bring Dave Foley back into the row, give Doyle a run at 7, rest CJ, put JOD or Copeland at 8 and DOC at 6 (if he's fit?). See how Ryan gets on from the start at TH with Cronin and Scannell at LH and hooker. It hasn't been mentioned in all the post-Connacht negativity but the latter two were very good at the weekend and Ryan did well when he came on. It was a big positive.

                    That should be a strong enough side to win and will give us some more options in key positions.
                    Murray, it seems, may well not be fully fit; he doesn't start.

                    Bleyendaal, it seems, will be: he does.

                    Agree on the pack, with a mention for Coughlan, too. Definitely worth letting the front row settle a bit, and I'd have Sherry and Sagario coming off the bench.
                    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I'd put Conway at FB, has been impressive there most games. Amorosino hasn't shown much yet
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                      Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                      Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                      Comment


                        #26
                        i'd go with

                        Conway
                        Earls
                        Saili
                        Hurley
                        Earls
                        Keatley
                        TOL
                        CJ
                        JOD
                        DOC
                        Ryan
                        Chisholm
                        Ryan
                        Scannell
                        Kilcoyne

                        Cronin, O'Byrne, Sagario, Foley, Copeland, Williams, Blyendaal, GVDH

                        Blyendaal needs to see the pitch if he is to be in contention for the Leicester games

                        Comment


                          #27
                          You've Earls on both wings!
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                          Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                          Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                            I'd put Conway at FB, has been impressive there most games. Amorosino hasn't shown much yet
                            Amorosino was one of our few positives in a sea of negatives in the second half. He made a great break in the second half and got some good offloads away.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                              I'd put Conway at FB, has been impressive there most games. Amorosino hasn't shown much yet
                              Amorosino hasnt been given a chance to show his Argentina form for Munster, as they havent started him there yet. I am impressed with Conway and like his committment and would have him on the right wing. Toss up between earls and zebo on the left.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
                                i'd go with

                                Conway
                                Earls
                                Saili
                                Hurley
                                Earls
                                Keatley
                                TOL
                                CJ
                                JOD
                                DOC
                                Ryan
                                Chisholm
                                Ryan
                                Scannell
                                Kilcoyne

                                Cronin, O'Byrne, Sagario, Foley, Copeland, Williams, Blyendaal, GVDH

                                Blyendaal needs to see the pitch if he is to be in contention for the Leicester games
                                Jaysus H Christ on a shtick, being brutally honest in my opinion, if Hurley is a serious contender for a start at 12 we need a serious upgrade in quality to once again be a top quality side. Also, throw in Keatley at 10 too for that matter.
                                I am Flsghujslkuo, and I approved this message.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X