Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G12 Game 9) Dragons v Munster. S4C. Sun 6/12 14:30

Game thread opened.

I personally think Munster need to go full power in terms of selection for this, mainly to get themselves settled for the Leicester back to back. Dragons only two wins so far this season have been at home to both Italian clubs.
    I am the million man.

The game before Europe will be a mixed team to get ready and we will more than likely play like muck, traditions are traditions
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

The squad update suggests we won't see BJ nor Murray for this game.
      Sherry & Tyler are due to return to training, this game might be too soon for them though.

Comment

G12 Game 9) Dragons v Munster. S4C. Sun 6/12 14:30

Originally posted by sewa View Post
        The game before Europe will be a mixed team to get ready and we will more than likely play like muck, traditions are traditions
        Rubbish imo.

I accepted that "tradition" when we had a squad good enough to go out and do the business in the big games following.

The current squad have no right to wallow in this so-called tradition. They need to earn the right etc. etc.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
          Rubbish imo.

I accepted that "tradition" when we had a squad good enough to go out and do the business in the big games following.

The current squad have no right to wallow in this so-called tradition. They need to earn the right etc. etc.
          Oh boo hoo. The first target is Europe. The league is a second competition can wait till we are stuck with nowt else like the other provinces
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Oh boo hoo. The first target is Europe. The league is a second competition can wait till we are stuck with nowt else like the other provinces
            Yes but the eec achievements do not count for the seeding, only the ramking in the Pro12. Thus good results in Pro12 = good seeding in the ecc... You get the picture?

The league is now our target and the ecc the extra

Comment

Oh boo hoo. The first target is Europe.
              Lol. You obviously haven't been reading the reaction to the Connacht defeat.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I reckon it will be a weak enough side.

Will CJ play yet another game? I reckon he's been an ever present this season along with JOD.

Will Sean Doyle get an outing to see what he's made of? Or even Sagario?

Comment

BJ will miss this one, and might be no harm.
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
                    Yes but the eec achievements do not count for the seeding, only the ramking in the Pro12. Thus good results in Pro12 = good seeding in the ecc... You get the picture?

So what your saying is each season you worry about the ECC for the season after. Thats some twisted logic right there
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post

Rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                        Rubbish.
                        Maybe, but it would be a more realistic goal.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                          Rubbish.
                          It's not really. The league is our bread and butter competition. 22 guaranteed games versus 6. We compete in 2 competitions. We can currently (and for the next few seasons at least) only win one. Last season Leinster made the semis. It didn't make them a good team. They finished 5th in the league which was the true reflection of their level. In 2012 we made the semis, but finished 6th. In 2012 Edinburgh made the semis and finished 11th.
                          The league is the true reflection of our status and now with the new seeding to the only way to get decent seeding in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                            It's not really. The league is our bread and butter competition. 22 guaranteed games versus 6. We compete in 2 competitions. We can currently (and for the next few seasons at least) only win one. Last season Leinster made the semis. It didn't make them a good team. They finished 5th in the league which was the true reflection of their level. In 2012 we made the semis, but finished 6th. In 2012 Edinburgh made the semis and finished 11th.
                            The league is the true reflection of our status and now with the new seeding to the only way to get decent seeding in Europe.
                            The big profits are not made with the small league attendances which barely break even but with the ERC sell outs.
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

There is benefits to both competitions, going well in the cup can be attributed to good game management and being a good 'cup' team with a series of one off performances. Going well in the league can be great for continuity and breeding a winning mentality.

Just because we are out of one does not mean we are a bad team per se
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X