Stephen Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Wouldn't be a huge fan of Dippy Ryan, we have loads of perma crocked underpowered lads now and in our past
    Wouldn't touch him.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Give me Stephen Moore over Saili any day if it came to a NIQ spot.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        The 42 article explicitly pointed to Nucifora.
        Lucifora, Maybe.

Comment

The whole thing is a joke really.
          Munster haven't had a top class hooker since Fla retired and , no disrespect to those playing now, wont have one for a while.
          People often comment on overseas players blocking the way of younger players but you also forget a player of Moore's class coming in for maybe a 2 year deal also gives the young players the opportunity to learn from the best everyday in training.
          The chance to sign one of the best players in the world in his position doesn't come around very often anymore for the Irish sides yet when one is happy and eager to come to Munster we get blocked. Joke!
          Surely the IRFU should have shut this down from day 1 if this wasn't going to be given the green light instead of letting Munster even waste time speaking to the player.
          It will be interesting to know who the openside player was they we are looking for. We are still trying to replace Wally...and struggling. Dom Ryan, no thanks.
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people

Comment

How long is O'Donnell out for, that guy is the real deal, I'd take him up to donnybrook in a heartbeat!!

surely you must have another 7 in the academy no?

I do agree that Having moore play and possibly mentor a junior hooker would only be good for Irish rugby in general, let a lone Munster.

is the Munster branch scouting the GAA fields of west cork, Kerry and Limerick? There must be tons of rangy fit lads there willing to earn a few bob playing rugger.
            Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Yet another sign that Munster aint playing at the top table anymore or at least the management of our affairs in regards bringing in quality NIQ players is concerned! Would it have happened to Leinster?? i think not. IRFU aint doing what they should be doing to keep Munster competitive.
              "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
                Yet another sign that Munster aint playing at the top table anymore or at least the management of our affairs in regards bringing in quality NIQ players is concerned! Would it have happened to Leinster?? i think not. IRFU aint doing what they should be doing to keep Munster competitive.
                Though I sympathise, the above wrt Leinster not being blocked is not entirely true.
                We wanted to sign Walla Walla for an additional two years after the 2010/2011 season, but were blocked for the same reason. He went on to serve with distinction for Clermont until 2014.
                Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
                  Hayden Triggs
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Its bad when even the sunday business post comment on it. Short sighted decision by nucifora imo.

Was nucifora in place when brad thorn signed for leinster?

http://www.businesspost.ie/irfu-bloc...captain-moore/

Nucifora’s sign-off is required on every contract involving players and coaches in Ireland and while the IRFU were not contactable before this story went to print, the issue is understood to relate to the likely impact on indigenous Irish players of a high profile acquisition of a world cup final captain in their position.
                    Munster already has four Irish-qualified hookers in its current squad, with Duncan Casey, Kevin O’Byrne, Niall Scannell and Mike Sherry.

Moore, who is 32, is currently contracted to the Brumbies in Australia. He has made his desire for a move to Ireland clear in the past and he was extremely receptive to Munster’s advances, according to reports. The42 story states that Moore was ready to sign off on the move to Ireland before the IRFU blocked the deal.

Moore was born in Saudi Arabia to Irish parents and lived in Galway for a number of years. He and his family moved to Queensland in 1988 when he was five years old.
                    In 2013, Moore said he’d like to play for an Irish side when his contract in Australia expires after the 2015 World Cup.
                    At the time he said, “I’d really love to have the opportunity to play for a team over there.”

He said, “I’d love to experience playing in Europe and Ireland would be fantastic with all my family connections there. Going back there to play when I finish with Australia would be very special, I think.”

Comment

He'd have been a great signing but did we really need him? I've no idea why the IRFU stopped it either, Munster, Leinster and Ulster have IQ hookers so its not like there's a shortage out there for Ireland. He only ever brings in 3 or 4 into a squad so what great harm is there in letting Munster sign him.

A bigger concern was the blocking of us signing an openside flanker. Dom Ryan is related to what we need.

Comment

IMHO it is the right decision to block this move . We need a top class THP not a hooker . Sherry and Casey are decent but after BJ we are really struggling at 3 . Maybe one of the younger lads can come through but they look more than a couple of season away from HC standard . If we had Archer and Cronin playing at 3 and holding their own then beefing up at hooker could work . However Archer has now had a second serious neck injury and Cronin has had no gametime at 3 . Foley should be on at the IRFU to bank roll a serious THP .

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Hayden Triggs
                          Yup, fair point.

When was the Moore move blocked?

to be fair, has Nucifora not been consistent enough with his NIQ rulings?

The he man has a role to fill, and I'm sure that one of the objection criteria must have been flagged when he saw 4 other hookers on the books?

Surely if there was a case to be made the Munster management would have made it no?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                            Yup, fair point.

When was the Moore move blocked?

to be fair, has Nucifora not been consistent enough with his NIQ rulings?

The he man has a role to fill, and I'm sure that one of the objection criteria must have been flagged when he saw 4 other hookers on the books?

Surely if there was a case to be made the Munster management would have made it no?
                            I've no skin in the Leinster fight, but they are a bigger club than NPC level players well into their 30s

Nucifora wouldn't have too many glowing referral letters stapled to the CV, he's supposed to be a vociferous man I've heard
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Forget about next season, Munster may need a hooker now, since we don't know what the situation is regarding Sherry & Casey and the knocks they took last weekend. I don't know enough about two younger lads that are on the books & no offense meant to either but can we rely on them if the other two are out for any length of time?

Comment

So Moore will block young hookers from getting game time....

Why are Ulster cleared to sign Piutau?? Why is Nacewa allowed come back?? Kirchner?? Ben Te'o??
                                Neither Leinster or Ulster would be considered short of young Irish backs who are now likely to spent their time playing AIL rugby until these guys move on again.
                                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people

Comment

Working...
                                X