The GPL: ’the Irish development league’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GPL: ’the Irish development league’

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">With all respect to the players who have gone to the GPL, I think they were not good enough to stay in Ireland and break into the provinces, so I have no objection to Irish players going to the GPL to get an opportunity; my problem is only if these playersget to International standard and then are left in the GPL (like Murphy). We should set a really high standard for the provinces even if it means having 3-4 'foreign players' in the provinces, and be brutal when cutting players who have served us in the past and replace them with Irish players from our development league i.e. the GPL. I like the IRFU policy of international players playing in <xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-regi&#111;n w:st="&#111;n"><st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace w:st="on">Ireland</st1[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]lace></st1:country-regi&#111;n>... so I don't care about players going to the GPL as long as we bring them back if they get good enough.@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">What @@@@/SPAN>
    I am Flsghujslkuo, and I approved this message.
Working...
X