Diarmuid McCarthy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diarmuid McCarthy

Anyone know whether he has been released ? Not on website and not referred to in injury role calls?

Originally posted by tiernster View Post
    Anyone know whether he has been released ? Not on website and not referred to in injury role calls?
    never had a full time contract, still playing AIL and will probably play irish 7's again.

Comment

Did he not at the end of last year. It seemed like he'd get one , obviously not I guess

Comment

Originally posted by tiernster View Post
        Did he not at the end of last year. It seemed like he'd get one , obviously not I guess
        When he was playing for the As MOD was quoted saying he hoped they could give him something but he seems to have focused more on 7s for now. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes a good fist of that and signs for us in a season or two.

Given our current depth in the back three, I'd prefer we developed a lad like him rather than holding on to an NIQ like GVDH.

Comment

Any1 know what the story is here, he hasnt been included in the latest 7s squad, seemed to be flying it towards the end of last year, would have surely been a better option that giving a chunk of cash to Monaghan to pitch up here for 3 months. Has he drifted off from rugby again? would be a terrible shame if he has

Comment

Originally posted by senior View Post
            Has he drifted off from rugby again? would be a terrible shame if he has
            no.

Comment

He played for the Cookies last Saturday anyhow.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by senior View Post
                Any1 know what the story is here, he hasnt been included in the latest 7s squad, seemed to be flying it towards the end of last year, would have surely been a better option that giving a chunk of cash to Monaghan to pitch up here for 3 months. Has he drifted off from rugby again? would be a terrible shame if he has
                Don't know the guy from Adam but maybe he isn't interested in a pro career?

Ian Nagle is back playing for Cambridge while doing a masters there, afaik, some players decide to opt out of pro rugby (and considering the injuries etc, I can see why).
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

That's very interesting about Ian Nagle!
                  If he (McCarthy) isn't interested in a pro career, that would be hugely disappointing from a supporter point of view but you'd have to respect it being his decision, end of story.

Saw this guy play for Young Munsters and for Munster A in Nenagh and Naas and the guy is a lethal finisher. Saw some footage of him playing for Ireland in the 7's over the Summer and again he was carving up defenses for fun.

He looked like a guy who had regained his appetite for the game and enjoying himself. If it's a case of the Munster management not giving him a look in then that would be un-forgivable.

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
                  Don't know the guy from Adam but maybe he isn't interested in a pro career?

Ian Nagle is back playing for Cambridge while doing a masters there, afaik, some players decide to opt out of pro rugby (and considering the injuries etc, I can see why).
                  "The only person that I have met, that I have ever been in awe of, is Eddie Vedder." -
                  Pete Sampras

Comment

Originally posted by Troymaclure View Post
                    That's very interesting about Ian Nagle!
                    If he (McCarthy) isn't interested in a pro career, that would be hugely disappointing from a supporter point of view but you'd have to respect it being his decision, end of story.

Saw this guy play for Young Munsters and for Munster A in Nenagh and Naas and the guy is a lethal finisher. Saw some footage of him playing for Ireland in the 7's over the Summer and again he was carving up defenses for fun.

He looked like a guy who had regained his appetite for the game and enjoying himself. If it's a case of the Munster management not giving him a look in then that would be un-forgivable.
                    Diarmuid has decided not to try give pro rugby a go right now. Nothing untoward in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                      Diarmuid has decided not to try give pro rugby a go right now. Nothing untoward in it.
                      Does that include the 7's programme?
                      \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
                        Does that include the 7's programme?
                        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                          Bit of a shame given how talented he is. If he's not keen though, fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X