Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RCC G1) Munster V Treviso. 17:15, 14-11-15 Sky Sports and Thomond Park.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCC G1) Munster V Treviso. 17:15, 14-11-15 Sky Sports and Thomond Park.

Game thread opened.

Weather for the week looks wet and heavy, Munster probably have the pack to dismantle Treviso up front, but it would be great to see them get the BP and start the pool well. I think it fair to say that results in the league have belied the injuries and the upheaval, hopefully that continues in the cup.

Mumhan ABU
    I am the million man.

Spot on cowboy - G'wan Munster
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

This is on Sky sports 5 for those in the UK.

Comment

I need to get my life back. Due to bad planning on my part, I won't be able to make this game either.
        It's turning out to be a wise choice to have not bought a season ticket this year.

Anyway, I expect this to be messy enough in the first half, but we'll pull away and secure the bonus in the second half. Treviso are a very poor team. Obviously, they need to be treated with some respect as any team on their day can cause an upset, but if we've any aspirations on getting into the knock out stages, this needs to be a comfortable five pointer.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I am the usual optimistic, excitable heap. I feel like we have peeled off another layer and we're in new territory with leaders emerging and new hope. Onward...
          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

I'm comfortable in my delusion that we'll cut loose after a shaky 20 minutes and put 40-50 points on the board. A potential backline of Conway, Saili, Earls, ROM/GvdH/Amorosino and Zebo would do just the job.

Comment

I have the usual vague sense of nausea that I get when I start to think "Munster should win this handy."
              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Bad weather may have a big bearing on this game.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  I have the usual vague sense of nausea that I get when I start to think "Munster should win this handy."
                  I think we'll struggle as usual and win by the hair of our chinny chin chin
                  Stand up and fight

Comment

However, I also veer wildly into a sinking feeling of, "fook, maybe we'll be caught cold and Treviso will turn us over" sometimes.

The Mocker Gods must be appeased.

Comment

Need to get the bonus point win here, nothing else will do. Predict its going to be a tight group and at the end there's going to be little between Stade, Leicester and ourselves. So a bonus point could very well be the difference. Probably need 5 points home and away against Treviso.

Results have been good in the league if not the preformances. Given youth a chance and rotated our ranks for numerious reasons. However this is where our season really begins, we need the team to start gelling together and a bit chemistry to form, especially in our back play which was sorely missed against Edinburgh. Earlier mistakes in the season need to be learned from and cut out.

Need to get the fans behind the team!!

Need 5 Points here!!

Come on Munster!!
                      Last edited by KerryRed; 9th-November-2015, 12:14.
                      "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

As Patrick Sarsfield used to say "Remember Mantauban".

If you have a pic of Sylvain Jonnet cupping his ear to the fans at Thomond Park then post it here.

[Edit: correction below]
                        Last edited by rathbaner; 9th-November-2015, 13:48.

Comment

Treviso has some nice patches against connacht, tore them apart for a few scores especially with the FB Hayward joining the line.

I would like to see Conway at 15, Zebo moving to wing instead or ROM with the same team as last week except for changes in the front row with Cronin, killer, Botha coming back to start or bench.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                            As Patrick Sarsfield used to say "Remember Mantauban".

If you have a pic of Sylvain Jonnet cupping his ear to the fans at Thomond Park then post it here.
                            I was thinking the very same - got out of jail through ROG by the skin of our teeth after most had predicted a handy 5-pointer

Lest we forget Aussiedub's glee:

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
                            17-16 to Montaban with 4 mins to go...
                            http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/1...ontauban/page6

Couldn't find the hands behind the ears shot but this will help remind anyone who was there .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Montauban 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	2486463
                            Attached Files
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Lest we forget Aussiedub's glee:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	walter.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	2486464

Comment

Working...
                              X