Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster favourites to win (HCup v 2.0) pool (of non death).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster favourites to win (HCup v 2.0) pool (of non death).

Patrick Power esquire has Munster as favourites (just) for their HCup pool.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-...grp_ids=351547

Pool of death this is not - and if Munster can manage to get their game going they can win this pool with SF in some trouble in the French league (home to Clermont next which will be interesting) and with Leicester still below their own high standards in the English league - Leicester's Tongan No 8 - who is a considerable lump - is now also out for a good stretch.

When you throw in our friends from Italy into the pool - then given that they have slipped behind their rivals in the Italian pecking order - a home quarter looks like a reasonable target.

Without POM & POC & TOD(for the first few laps at least) it will be a considerable achievement to win it - but I think an element of optimism is justifiable - after all PP didn't get where he is today without being (regularly) on the money.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

These events have very little money in the market and as such the odds can be skewed slightly. For PP the likelihood is their customers will back Munster to win that group regardless.

It wouldn't take much of a flow of cash for Treviso to sway the odds for example as it does in horse racing etc

Comment

re. " For PP the likelihood is their customers will back Munster to win that group regardless."

Have you got a similar theory for the customers of bet365? Munster are joint favourites with SF on that site?

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
        re. " For PP the likelihood is their customers will back Munster to win that group regardless."

Have you got a similar theory for the customers of bet365? Munster are joint favourites with SF on that site?

Those events you are looking to bet on have very little money in them so can be swayed easily by any bets at all. That is a fact of the bookmaking world

Nobody is disputing that in the group Munster would be considered to be highly plausible winners of the group. As such the bookies would not put them up at odds to attract a large liability.

Givrn current form it's likely the baseline set Munster as favourites and all bookmakers take their lead from that then

Comment

With our Injuries - Squad Losses etc and the French Top 14 Champions in our group . . . .I don't know how they figure that.

I watched a few of Stades games late last season. They are not a bad side and will really challenge us in key areas. Breakdown being a big one with us missing TOD & POM.

I would have them as favourites myself.

Comment

It is a fact that bookies are very careful to consider where their punters come from in their pricing. For example English soccer fans tend to bet big and a result England tend to be among the favourites for every soccer tournament they enter despite being absolute muck. The bookies know they can attract lots of bets even at low odds and they dread having to pay out on the volume of transactions if by some miracle England actually won something
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
              Those events you are looking to bet on have very little money in them so can be swayed easily by any bets at all. That is a fact of the bookmaking world

Nobody is disputing that in the group Munster would be considered to be highly plausible winners of the group. As such the bookies would not put them up at odds to attract a large liability.

Givrn current form it's likely the baseline set Munster as favourites and all bookmakers take their lead from that then
              Yes Munster are plausible favourites - if Clermont or Toulon were in the group - that would clearly not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                With our Injuries - Squad Losses etc and the French Top 14 Champions in our group . . . .I don't know how they figure that.

I watched a few of Stades games late last season. They are not a bad side and will really challenge us in key areas. Breakdown being a big one with us missing TOD & POM.

I would have them as favourites myself.
                They have lost 5 from 7 and are 3rd from bottom. World Cup will have impacted on them but they might (hopefully) need to 'concentrate on the league' a bit after a poor start.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/top-14/table

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                  They have lost 5 from 7 and are 3rd from bottom. World Cup will have impacted on them but they might (hopefully) need to 'concentrate on the league' a bit after a poor start.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/top-14/table
                  Very Interesting.

Comment

Stade will play seriously both competitions. They have to rebuild and each game has to be concern.

Comment

Exeter just made Leicester look quite average. Not sure if it was full strength Tigers because my attention was on Munster but this was on the other screen and Exeter looked more than worth their 13 point win every time I looked over.

Final score was 19-6 but should probably have been 23-6 but for some fussy refereeing at the end. Most intriguing incident in this game was a very odd celebration between the young motm try scorer and his hooker.

Comment

Tigers team away to Exeter:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Tigers_7_11_15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	2486455

Comment

SF beat Clermont... I'm classifying that as not very good

Comment

Doesn't bode well
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Great.

Comment

Working...
                              X