<TD =line>Hickey For London Irish</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =date>11 April 2007, 10:29 am</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =author>By Pat Geraghty</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =multimedia></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =abstract>Eoghan Hickey will leave Munster at the end of the season and take up a two year contract with London Irish.</TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD =article>The 25 year oldjoined Munster on a one year contract from Leinsterand has represented Ireland at schoolboy, Under 21 and A levels, including last year's Churchill Cup tournament.

"Eoghan is a talented athlete with excellent all round skills, I'm sure he'll have a great impact at the Club," said Brian Smith, London Irish Director of Rugby. "He is a prodigious kicker off both feet and can play anywhere in the backline. He's been in terrific form for Munster and we're delighted he decided to join London Irish"

Commenting on his decision to join London Irish Hickey said: "My move to England involves a lifestyle change and the challenge of playing in the Guinness Premiership. From what I've seen that demands a continuity of top class performance week in, week out and it will be good to be involved. London Irish plays the style of rugby that I enjoy; I'm looking forward to doing so in front of the club's exceptional supporters."</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Best of luck to him. He'll get plenty of game time with Flutey gone and Geraghty away with England.
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Good luck to him...dont think he is HC level standard of player.....he has a great boot, but im not convinced he can get a back line moving(even in the AIL!)...I wouldnt play him"anywhere in the backline" but interesting to see if LI move him somewhere else...
      Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Yeah but havent they brought in staunton? Don't think we will miss him all that much now that we have Warick on board.

"London Irish plays the style of rugby that I enjoy" was this a dig at munster rugby???
        |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
        | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
        |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
        \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

How many more will we be losing? [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

<DIV>
            Originally posted by sewa
            </DIV>
            <DIV></DIV>
            <DIV>We were always going to lose either him or Manning with Warwick joining us. </DIV>
            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

I know Warwick is coming in the summer - but that is another talented home grown on the move...

What the hell is going on?

\'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
              Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

True. Far more concerned about Buckley going. Next season was one where his gametime was surely going to shoot up.

Comment

Don't think he is that talented that he will be missed. I'm much happier that he left instead of Manning.
                  |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
                  | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
                  |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
                  \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                    <DIV>
                    </DIV>
                    <DIV></DIV>
                    <DIV>We were always going to lose either him or Manning with Warwick joining us. </DIV>

The bad news seems to be coming thick and fast though.
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by munster_mafia

Don't think he is that talented that he will be missed. I'm much happier that he left instead of Manning.
                      People said the same about Reddan - and he has developed into a fine player!
                      \'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
                      Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

<DIV>
                        </DIV>
                        <DIV></DIV>

Why do you think he will be a loss exactly?
                        Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Manning is always getting injured. What happens during the WC if he gets concussed again and we want to play Warwick at 12?

Comment

<DIV>
                            </DIV>
                            <DIV></DIV>

Hard to know when you are wumming [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

I'm delighted he is going, but I'm delighted that he has got a nice contract for himself. I think he will fill the Barry Everitt role very well.

Comment

Originally posted by thisyear?

People said the same about Reddan - and he has developed into a fine player!

Reddan had the talent, and left at a much younger age,having not really had a chance...EH is a bit older,and might have had the talent in the past...but one of a number of OH's that didnt kick on in Leinster the past few years....he dosnt have the passing game(that I have ever seen) to do damage at HC level...
                              Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Working...
                              X