Felix Jones retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felix Jones retiring

Felix Jones to retire. Great shame to see this. He had horrid luck with injuries.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/21426.php#.VjD1Z01i8dU

Very sorry to hear this news. Best of luck to him for the future.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Have been watching him play since his time with Seapoint and he has always been a class act who has just had some rotten luck.

Best of luck to him in the future.

Comment

Huge shame, was only hitting his stride the past couple of seasons and was probably the only Munster player to flourish under Schmidt.

Comment

Shame. I still watch that away match to Brive (which I was at too) where him Dougie and Earls ripped them a new one.
          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Great shame - a great and brave servant to Munster.

Unreal bad luck.

Comment

Shame, had started the season well and looked very sharp. Had come back from very serious injury in the past and been a great servant to Munster over the last few years.

Wish him all the best for the future
              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people

Comment

My God! What a sad news. Feeling really sorry for him, but health is the most important thing. Farewell Felix, and good luck in your "after" life. And thanks for all you gave to Munster and us.
                This explains the surprising announcement concerning Amorosino.
                The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Shocked and gutted. Horrid luck with injuries throughout his career but that never affected his massive technical ability and unequalled bravery on the pitch. Met him once or twice off the pitch too and he seems a really decent guy. He achieved plenty as a player but you'd have to say we'll never know how good he could have been without the injuries. Best of luck in whatever comes next felix and thanks for everything.
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Genuinely sad to hear this. Good honest player, tackled like a demon. Gave the red shirt 100%. Legend.

Comment

A great player, and we will miss him.

Best of luck in retirement and what ever you do post rugby Felix.
                      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Terribly sad news, always one of my favourite players. Even though his retirement is sadly premature, at least he is in one piece. Best of luck to him for the rest of his life, I strongly suspect we have not heard the last of Felix Jones.

Comment

Best of luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next, he won't be found short of commitment.

Comment

Munster through and through. Brave and committed - played like he had never been seriously injured. All the very best for the future Felix, and many thanks for all you did as a player on and off the pitch.

Comment

Brutal news. He was just getting some great form together and developing into a real leader.

That injury in the warm up game against France pre 2011 World Cup was the major knock which prevented him from being a regular international.
                              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Working...
                              X