Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORWARD....
    replied
    Anyone hear what happened the Scarlets player who was stretchered off?

Leave a comment:

• LeakyBoots
    replied
    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    No, he had a decent match by his standards though. He actually managed the game pretty game well IMHO and I'm not a fan of his. He pinned them back with a number of excellent touchfinders and we made hay from their dire lineouts. I think one of the kicks he missed was from near halfway.
    Yeah spot on, Keatley had a good game and is veering into 'Duncan' territory with some on here (not directed at Miguel.. just a vibe I'm sensing) in terms of even when he has a good game people will just focus on anything bad he may have done.

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    No, he had a decent match by his standards though. He actually managed the game pretty game well IMHO and I'm not a fan of his. He pinned them back with a number of excellent touchfinders and we made hay from their dire lineouts. I think one of the kicks he missed was from near halfway.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Did you miss the bits where keatley missed 2 penalties that would have won the match, and missed touch with a penalty giving away vital possession late on?

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    I managed to finally catch the game last night, probably a fair enough result considering Conway's "try". For a decent team the Scarlet's scrum and lineout are abysmal. I'm not sure what all the hype is about in Wales re. Samson Lee, Killer had him in his pocket all night. Keatley had a very good game and young Johnston in the centre surprised me given his size. King had a very quiet game which reflects well on the young fellah. Our backs seem to be a different story when Hurley is on the pitch, he's turning into a very decent centre and Conway was everywhere at FB. A decent outing.

Leave a comment:

• Dearg Doom
    replied
    The video highlights are now on YouTube https://youtu.be/3lj5_IwbEP0

and included in my blog: https://westterraceview.wordpress.com/2015/10/24/tmo/

Leave a comment:

• Dearg Doom
    replied
    Donncha Ryan will add to the pack and hopefully Tommy will be back in January. The Examiner also reported that Munster are looking at a back row emergency option before the European Cup deadline.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/r...er-360911.html
    "Foley is also set to finalise his 41-man squad for the upcoming European campaign and may add an additional back row forward. Munster had been engaged in negotiations with at least two players to provide cover for injured skipper Peter O’Mahony, who faces an operation on a cruciate knee ligament injury."

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Player wise our pack is pretty much as good as it gets for the season. Most of our competitors can expect to improve once their RWC downtime is over. Forwards win games, innit bruv.

Leave a comment:

• bankman
    replied
    Our forwards went fairly well at the weekend, Considering the lack of experience. Our backs seem to be the problem, Poor defence, and also no cohesion in our attack. Some individual breaks such as VDH, This aspect of our play is poor.

Leave a comment:

• galinka
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    January, he reckon
    I wonder if he will???

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    You can't compare the likes of Glasgow or Ospreys with Munster during the RWC. We retain our first choice pack bar Donncha Ryan. We should be making hay. More hay than we are I believe. Haylage in fact.
    For me, generally, it's our backs that have been exploited in defence. We've used a few combinations at centre and hakfback so far in our five games. But we've Hurley back now, add in Murray, Jones, Earls, Zebo and Saili we should be a much improved team.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    You can't compare the likes of Glasgow or Ospreys with Munster during the RWC. We retain our first choice pack bar Donncha Ryan. We should be making hay. More hay than we are I believe. Haylage in fact.
    And TOD and Pom tbf

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Rarely was haylage made in October in this particular neck of the woods.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Those Welsh and Scottish teams, bar the one that only managed a home win against our massively weakened team last night, are currently in 4th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. One lost to Zebre today, and the one who lost to Connacht at home is only ahead of Zebre through LBPs.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Just wait until judges do. Then you KNOW you're goosed.
    It's a bit early yet for goose.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X