Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why hasn’t Cockbain been cited?

Why wasn't he cited for this?
    it was a dispicable act of thuggery and can't go unpunished.
    There are no independant citing commissioners in the ML (i think), so how long do Munster have to cite the b*****d?
    I wonder will Ospreys counter cite with racism again? They really are my most hated team.[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

<a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

they have 50 hours from the final whistle iirc, they are prob too late now if they have not done it already
    The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Damn. Hadn't seen that before. Definitely should have been a citing. Incidentally, it would do no harm to cite Changleng for pretending to be a referee.
      Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Robson called it right. A disgrace.

Comment

Watched the game on S4C. Had the English subtitles on. Christ it was like reading Gwlad with their comments.
          \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Why have the Munster brains trust not acted. They should have cited.
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Jaysus! I've been out of the country for the week and that was phucking disgraceful. That's the kind of sh*t that gets people seriously hurt. How can someone like Cockbain still be playing after that?
              Biffo ate my future.

Comment

It looks even worse 2 days later than it did at the time. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

I wonder if there was a deal between the teams not to cite either of the stamps, or did the MB decide it wasn't worth it given the bad blood between both teams. However, if the brains trust didn't cite Cockbain then the playershave to ask the coach whether hereally gives a toss about their physical safety on the pitch.

If it was cited and not acted on, it may have beenbecauseLe Puc wasn't cited for his earlier stamp.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I guess this incident absolves all the Munster stamping on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan

One eyed and graceless, even for someone whosecompulsionfor flailing wummery hangs on them like a bad odour.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

i cant believe some of the people are basically saying it was okay to stamp on murphys head because there had been incidents of munster stamps earlier!

if it were up to me i'd happily have puc cited and banned for a few weeks, because a stamp to the head, lets not forget that, to the head, is infinitely times worse than astamp anywhere else!

at this stage im actually sick of some of the incidents happening to munster players, lets not forget dowling getting stamped and raked to his neck and face by two different leinster players!

lets not forget that quinlan got a six week ban, ruling him out of two vital HC games and any realistic chance or gaining an irish spot for which was and i admit it a,bad stamp! but on the same token, and lets look at the player again, Cockbain (who i'll assuming will be entered into one of the celebrity dancing contests when he retires, pretty nifty footwork for a big guy) thats the same cockbain who went for seconds on murphys head, had his ban for stamping (one week before quinlans decision) reduced to one week, the reason, because a lengthier ban might have jeopardised his chances of future international caps!!! look it up if you dont believe me, it should still be on the ERC website.

i have three nephews playin, they watched the game with me and have been constantly asking me what punishment that welsh fella got, what example is it setting them if he goes completely unpunished!!
                      I may have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

One eyed and graceless, even for someone whosecompulsionfor flailing wummery hangs on them like a bad odour.
                        One eyed [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Are you going to make a topic about Puc being cited for stamping about 10 minutes after the whistle went? Of course it was a bad incident and Cockbain should have been off, but there were 2 teams at it all night. You couldn't see that I guess.

Comment

As a Scarlet fan with first hand knowledge of the thug that is Cockbain,its the norm for him,I honestly thought it was disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

One eyed [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Are you going to make a topic about Puc being cited for stamping about 10 minutes after the whistle went? Of course it was a bad incident and Cockbain should have been off, but there were 2 teams at it all night. You couldn't see that I guess.

Puc's conduct has been criticised in several places on this forum since the game, as you know. Cockbain went into the breakdown before that one looking to stamp, and arrived at that one with no intention other than putting the boot on someone.

For you to ignore that and instead throw out another kneejerk comment about Munster is wholly typical of your general tone, so I suppose it's not suprising.

Just thought you mught have taken the time to criticise a blatant stamp to the head of a prone opponent.

Again, though, not suprised that you didn't.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhan Abu

lets not forget that quinlan got a six week ban,@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">did the video of this eventually come out?? Haven;t seen it yet.@@@@/SPAN>
                              <!-
                              var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                              var SymReal;

Sym()
                              {
                              window.open = SymWinOpen;
                              if(SymReal != null)
                              SymReal();
                              }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                              {
                              if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)