Matt D'Arcy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt D'Arcy

I see Matt D'Arcy has signed on for a further 3 months...he must be going well in training. Let's hope he's gets some game time over the next few months to show what he can do.

https://twitter.com/ClontarfRugby

Performed well aganst Grenoble who were 1 week from the top 14 season start. Good news.

Comment

Seemed quite at home against Grenoble alright. Quite a big lad too.

Comment

Not sure where else to post this, but I notice that Matt wasn't registered for our EPCR squad. Why sign him on to another three months if he's going to spend them playing B&I Cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
          Not sure where else to post this, but I notice that Matt wasn't registered for our EPCR squad. Why sign him on to another three months if he's going to spend them playing B&I Cup?
          perhaps the pro 12?
          Mumha Abu

Comment

Originally posted by deltared View Post
            perhaps the pro 12?
            so when isdarcy's contract until now? Has he been injured ?

anyone know what bohane's deal is? would have liked to see him this season

Comment

Darcy player for 'tarf today.
              Mumha Abu

Comment

Scored a fairly decent try for tarf I believe.a player with a lot of potential from what I've seen.I hope he sticks with it in munster despite lack of opportunity.needs to be given a shot in pro 12 at some stage during squad rotation.
                "The only person that I have met, that I have ever been in awe of, is Eddie Vedder." -
                Pete Sampras

Comment

Originally posted by Troymaclure View Post
                  Scored a fairly decent try for tarf I believe.a player with a lot of potential from what I've seen.I hope he sticks with it in munster despite lack of opportunity.needs to be given a shot in pro 12 at some stage during squad rotation.
                  Is he not finished with Munster if he is back playing with Clontarf?

Comment

Originally posted by Troymaclure View Post
                    He signed with us for three months, was that extended?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
                      He signed with us for three months, was that extended?
                      As per the first comment in the thread, he signed a further 3 month deal to the end of December. I was at the Clontarf match on Saturday and he indeed did score a good try. He powered through two tacklers on the opposition 10 metre line and went in from there. He played well other than that particularly in defence I thought. The rumour I heard on Saturday was that Foley has asked him to put on weight. I hope that he's at least given a chance in the Pro 12 before the end of December, otherwise Munster have just wasted a considerable amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                        As per the first comment in the thread, he signed a further 3 month deal to the end of December. I was at the Clontarf match on Saturday and he indeed did score a good try. He powered through two tacklers on the opposition 10 metre line and went in from there. He played well other than that particularly in defence I thought. The rumour I heard on Saturday was that Foley has asked him to put on weight. I hope that he's at least given a chance in the Pro 12 before the end of December, otherwise Munster have just wasted a considerable amount of money.
                        And Matt D'Arcy has wasted six months of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post
                          And Matt D'Arcy has wasted six months of his life.
                          Yes, because training at pro level and being paid for it is clearly a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                            Yes, because training at pro level and being paid for it is clearly a waste.
                            Actually, for a lad in his mid-20s, I think it is. Obviously everyone comes to it with a different perspective, and players make their own choices.

I don't know Matt D'Arcy but I do know enough lads who are in their late 20s/early 30s having spent a good few years chasing the dream and not having put a proper career in place for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post
                              Actually, for a lad in his mid-20s, I think it is. Obviously everyone comes to it with a different perspective, and players make their own choices.

I don't know Matt D'Arcy but I do know enough lads who are in their late 20s/early 30s having spent a good few years chasing the dream and not having put a proper career in place for themselves.
                              Either you are trolling because he signed with Munster or you have a regrettable outlook tbh.

Complaining that a guy went out and worked hard and took a risk towards something he obviously wants very much . . .

Ya, those are terrible traits in a human being. Thats a daft idea.

We should all take the safe soft option all the time . . . . . .live the life of a ****ing lamb.

Comment

Working...
                              X