Starting XV for Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting XV for Munster

With all the changes, what do you think will be our starting XV in the big matches this season?

Rob K, Dave K, Luke, Henshaw, Tommy Bowe, Mad-dog, Sexton

Healy, Cronin/Strauss, Ross, Toner, POC, Jordi, SOB, Heaslip

Maximum Bloooooooo
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Pity there's no 2nd bloo lock!

Comment

Kilcoyne Sherry Archer
        Ryan Chisholm
        POM Stander TOD

Murray Bleyendaal
        Hurley Saili
        Zebo Jones Earls

Casey, Cronin/J. Ryan, Botha/Cronin, Foley, O'Donoghue, ???, Keatley, Conway.

I think it's completely impossible at this stage to guess who'll be second choice scrum-half.

Personally I'd like to see Saili at 12 and Earls at 13, but the run-in last season showed that while Axel is open to Earls at 13, he preferred the solidity of Hurley-Smith. I'd guess that'll be replicated with Hurley-Saili.

Serious competition in the back-row as ever with Copeland and Dave O'Callaghan there or thereabouts, but we really are painfully light at 7. One of Coghlan or O'Donoghue needs to show themselves to be a credible option there very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
          Kilcoyne Sherry Archer
          Ryan Chisholm
          POM Stander TOD

Murray Bleyendaal
          Hurley Saili
          Zebo Jones Earls

I think it's completely impossible at this stage to guess who'll be second choice scrum-half.

Personally I'd like to see Saili at 12 and Earls at 13, but the run-in last season showed that while Axel is open to Earls at 13, he preferred the solidity of Hurley-Smith. I'd guess that'll be replicated with Hurley-Saili.

Serious competition in the back-row as ever with Copeland and Dave O'Callaghan there or thereabouts, but we really are painfully light at 7. One of Coghlan or O'Donoghue needs to show themselves to be a credible option there very quickly.
          TOD?
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            TOD?
            By the time the big matches roll around again I hope he'll be back, otherwise our goose is cooked. I think we miss him even more than O'Mahony when he's out, he's just a complete machine in the tackle area.

Comment

Not a hope TOD will be back this side of Christmas.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                It looked a bad one, but I read somewhere that the recovery times can vary pretty wildly on hip dislocations, with some people coming back in as little as three months. In other cases it can end a career. We've no way of knowing, so I'm choosing to stay heedlessly optimistic!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                  12 weeks minimum even with everything going smoothly

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                    Rob K, Dave K, Luke, Henshaw, Tommy Bowe, Mad-dog, Sexton

Healy, Cronin/Strauss, Ross, Toner, POC, Jordi, SOB, Heaslip

Maximum Bloooooooo
                    POC dosent play for munster anymore and those other fancydans ive neaver seen them play in a munster jersey.
                    "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeJ View Post
                      Pity there's no 2nd bloo lock!
                      Wrong thread boys move along..
                      "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
                        Kilcoyne Sherry Archer
                        Ryan Chisholm
                        POM Stander TOD

Murray Bleyendaal
                        Hurley Saili
                        Zebo Jones Earls

Foley will have something to say about Chisholm waltzing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
                          Wrong thread boys move along..
                          title of thread not totally clear in fairness
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Tis in the Red Army section though, but if the OP doesn't mind I'll amend it to remove any confusion.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                              Foley will have something to say about Chisholm waltzing in.
                              The best-case scenario is that Chisholm is as good as we hope and Foley still outperforms him. Then we'd be laughing. But either way, we'll have a seriously strong trio for big matches if they can all stay fit, and we need that.

Comment

Working...
                              X