• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Buckley set to play in Premiership

@@@@SPAN =storyline>NB Lazarus says the club in question is Bath@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =storyline>Buckley set to play in Premiership@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =storydate>10/04/2007@@@@/SPAN>
    By Barry Coughlan
    MUNSTER prop Tony Buckley has signed a one-year contract with an English Premiership club for next season.

The name of the club has been kept under wraps, but it is thought to be either London Wasps or Saracens, who both have Munster links through former players and a former coach.

Buckley's contract with Munster is up at the end of the season and he was in negotiation with the province to extend it when news broke he had instead signed with an English club.

Munster will say Buckley was offered improved terms but, apparently, the English club went significantly higher.

Former Munster players Peter Bracken and Eoin Reddan are first-team players with Wasps, while former Munster coach Alan Gaffney is in charge at Saracens.

raped again this year ..... shannon that is

Comment

well if it is only for 1 year and he comes back its a good thing long term
      |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
      | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
      |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
      \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

Not good news. He was one of the good things to come out of this season.
        Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Best of luck to him. Would like to have seen him stay. Le puc getting a 1 year extension mush have influenced his decision to move.

Comment

he done the right thing unless he plays for dolphin he would never get a chance at HEC level here-i dont think he will be the last to go.

as i said before play em or lose em.........we've learnt nothing from reddan

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Play him ahead of the Bull who has been our best player this season? You can't realisticalybench unless you cover both sides eitherbecause both our starting props only play one side.

My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Yep, good luck Mushy. Hope it works out. He was just coming into good form too. Shucks.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Play him ahead of the Bull who has been our best player this season? You can't realisticalybench unless you cover both sides eitherbecause both our starting props only play one side.

i think he can play1? i would have had him at least playing ML a lot sooner and there was a window for him to play some part in the llanelli game when we were struggling in the front row-we have to use more than 15 players to win a game like that
                  If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by Corker
                    He was just coming into good form too. Shucks.

After how many years?Really do not feel he will be a loss....he put in a few 'good' performances recently, but has been witth us forever,and never looks like making it...even in his current good run,he seems to run out of gas and not put in a full game....time to give others a chance.....
                    Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by munsterforever
                      Originally posted by sewa

i think he can play1? i would have had him at least playing ML a lot sooner and there was a window for him to play some part in the llanelli game when we were struggling in the front row-we have to use more than 15 players to win a game like that

I dont think he can play both sides although I am open to correction. Agreed about using the subs though. Other sides rely on it far more than we do with the HC final being anotable exception.
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14

..even in his current good run,he seems to run out of gas and not put in a full game....

My thoughts exactly.
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog
                          Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14

..even in his current good run,he seems to run out of gas and not put in a full game....

My thoughts exactly.

Is Ollie La Roux the answer?

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Perhaps a year in the GP will be good for him, it seems to bea better breeding ground for props than the ML.
                            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

good luck to him anyway-i wish him well. the bull wont be happy-if 19 games was what he may have to play next season what will it be now if we get an injury to an Ml 3?

Comment

Working...
                              X