• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015/16 British and Irish Fixtures Confirmed

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20866.php

2015/16 British and Irish Fixtures Confirmed
    15 July 2015 10:22am

The2015/16 British and Irish Cup fixtures were confirmed today with Munster A to play Ospreys Premiership Select, Yorkshire and London Scottish in Pool 3.

It's all new opposition for Munster A this season with the Welsh inclusion of an Ospreys Premiership Select and English Championship sides Yorkshire Carnegie and London Scottish.

The Munster A coaching panel will remain the same this season with Mick O'Driscoll as Head Coach and the former Munster lock will be looking to guide his young charges beyond this season's quarter final stage when they commence their campaign away to London Scottish on the weekend of November 13/14/15.

Munster A Management Team
    Head Coach Mick O'Driscoll
    Backs Coach Greig Oliver
    Assistant Coach Doug Howlett
    Manager Alan Miller

Pools
    Pool 1: Ealing, Moseley, Leinster, Rotherham
    Pool 2: Bedford, Scarlets Premiership Select, Bristol, Ulster Ravens
    Pool 3: Ospreys Premiership Select, Yorkshire, Munster, London Scottish
    Pool 4: Nottingham, Cardiff Blues Premiership Select, London Welsh, Cornish Pirates
    Pool 5: Dragons Premiership Select, Connacht, Doncaster, Jersey

British and Irish Cup Pool 3 Fixtures
    Round 1 13-15 Nov
    Yorkshire v Ospreys Premiership Select
    London Scottish v Munster

Round 2 20-22 Nov
    Ospreys Premiership Select v London Scottish
    Munster v Yorkshire

Round 3 11-13 Dec
    Munster v Ospreys Premiership Select
    Yorkshire v London Scottish

Round 4 18-20 Dec
    Ospreys Premiership Select v Munster
    London Scottish v Yorkshire

Round 5 15-17 Jan
    Yorkshire v Munster
    London Scottish v Ospreys Premiership Select

Round 6 22-24 Jan
    Ospreys Premiership Select v Yorkshire
    Munster v London Scottish

Quarter-Finals
    Taking place on weekend of 12 March, 2016
    Top side in each pool progress to knockout stage, plus three best runners-up
    Eight quarter-finalists ranked with teams ranked 1-4 having home advantage

Semi-Finals and Final
    Four winning quarter finalists progress to semi -final draw which takes place on weekend of March 2016
    Semi-finalists progress to final to take place on weekend of 9 April 2016

Is that the first time Dougie has officially been named as a coach for Munster? I know he has been doing some work in the background as well as on the commercial side but don't think i've seen him named as coach before.
    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
      Is that the first time Dougie has officially been named as a coach for Munster? I know he has been doing some work in the background as well as on the commercial side but don't think i've seen him named as coach before.
      Yes, he is increasing his coaching this season, was more an ad-hoc backs coach to the A side previously...it compliments his corproate work as lots of what he is currently doing is raising funding for the acedemy/new training strucutre, which they have decided to fit out to the highest specs and make world class (a more significant structure/outlay than was originally planned)

He just had another boy a few weeks ago too, will be able to populate his own underage team soon enough!
      Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Gwan Dougie! There'll be tries galore from the A's next season.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Round 1 is a brief stroll for me. Brilliant, at last we draw LS. It is a great club and the welcome is always warm. I am delighted.

Comment

What's the betting we get Stade Francais away the same weekend as the London Scottish away match?

I seriously need to sort out my pessimism.

Comment

any idea yet of where the home fixtures for these games will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
                any idea yet of where the home fixtures for these games will be?
                They usually get spread around the province where suitable venues are available.
                Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Mmmmm lets hope the euro fixtures help with some attendance of these
                  but then that's a hope every year......

yorkshire and Tigers would tie together
                  and even SF and LS could be done....

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                    Mmmmm lets hope the euro fixtures help with some attendance of these
                    but then that's a hope every year......

yorkshire and Tigers would tie together
                    and even SF and LS could be done....
                    Last season all 3 of the away B&I pool games were an hour or so away from my front door. However the timing and or venue of the Euro fixtures meant I was elsewhere and unable to attend any of them.
                    www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevetelcom2000 View Post
                      Last season all 3 of the away B&I pool games were an hour or so away from my front door. However the timing and or venue of the Euro fixtures meant I was elsewhere and unable to attend any of them.
                      I got to the Doncaster game,nice club.
                      Never heard of Yorkshire, ...no the club not the county.The county is next to me.If no clash with euro match I will go,support the lads,....
                      Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Yorkshire is Leeds re-branded.

Comment

Wonder if they serve pie st their club....Doncasters pie was epic...
                          Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

They have Munster home as being on 20th Nov.Thats a friday...if our european match is on sat or sun in Limerick,it possible I could go.😊😊😊😊

Comment

London Scottish website says it is playing Munster A on Friday 13th November at 19:45; tickets are not yet on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X