Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster Team 2015-2016. What are you hoping for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy
    started a topic Munster Team 2015-2016. What are you hoping for?

Munster Team 2015-2016. What are you hoping for?

Produce a few more irish internationals, not fringe players but fellas who hold onto test jerseys (who was the last to do that prior to POM & Murray??)

High percentage figures off the tee

Leadership core to step up without Paulie there to alleviate pressure.

Less injuries

More playoffs

Copeland, Blyendaal, Saili and perhaps DeeMac to make a real impact into the side.

Show up in a final, not 'attend without participation'

Sadly I was more optimistic 12 months ago than I am at this time, I think we can certainly make the playoffs again in the P12 and the RCC, its winning those key battles in semi finals and finals that we seem to have really struggled with since Leinster beat us in Croker. Nonetheless I cant wait to watch the team again!

Your hopes and aspirations for the season ahead?

Mumhan ABU
    Last edited by Cowboy; 7th-July-2015, 13:54.

• Cowboy
    replied
    Another season is imminent, the evenings are shortening at a rate of knots the kids are back at school and we've all been showing our new scarves to friends and family.

Great to have the really important rugby back. Enjoy the season, remain objective about our progression and look forward to another rake of pints in the mrsc bar with loads of you nutters.

Hon Rassieball!

Leave a comment:

• Munstersrebel
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    Who actually cares about Ireland?
    Munster 1st always

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
    For Ireland's sake I'm hoping that Zebo will convert to fullback, Earls will establish himself as world class 13, and that Conway, Hurley and ROM can all really kick on and give Joe a real selection headache come six nations.
    Who actually cares about Ireland?

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
    For Ireland's sake I'm hoping that Zebo will convert to fullback, Earls will establish himself as world class 13, and that Conway, Hurley and ROM can all really kick on and give Joe a real selection headache come six nations.
    With Felix gone And Zebo playing this weekend Id be surprised if he wasnt at 15

Leave a comment:

• Oldschoolsocks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bayern
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Let's hope that the young lads like Dave Foley, Duncan Casey, Mick Sherry, Dave O'Callaghan etc can grasp this opportunity.
    24-27 isn't exactly young, but I guess they need to step up along with a few more

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Let's hope that the young lads like Dave Foley, Duncan Casey, Mick Sherry, Dave O'Callaghan etc can grasp this opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Swoosh
    replied
    Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    There's a massive leadership vacuum at the moment. BIG challenge for Foley to find/develop some leaders for the next 6-8 months.

Less injuries? Given the scale of the absentee list I'm not sure that we could ship any more.
    POC, POM, TOD, Felix all going to be missing from European Cup action this season. Fill that void if you can

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Leadership core to step up without Paulie there to alleviate pressure.

Less injuries
    There's a massive leadership vacuum at the moment. BIG challenge for Foley to find/develop some leaders for the next 6-8 months.

Less injuries? Given the scale of the absentee list I'm not sure that we could ship any more.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Welcome aboard Mario. Best of luck on your trial period!

Leave a comment:

• Bayern
    replied
    Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
    I think Stephen Fitz got run outs during the pre-season games last year and there was never really any threat of him playing Pro12. I'd imagine it's an investment in the future, notwithstanding the glowing praise he's getting there. The only way he'll get meaningful competitive minutes is if all of Keatley, Bleyendaal, Holland, and Rory Scannell went down injured, and even then his brother might be ahead of him. Serious prospect though and you'd expect we'll be seeing plenty of him for the u20s over the next while.
    Should be involved with the Irish 20's anyway. Main competition is probably Gilsenan with Leinster or Connon the exile.

Leave a comment:

• thoughtless
    replied
    I think Stephen Fitz got run outs during the pre-season games last year and there was never really any threat of him playing Pro12. I'd imagine it's an investment in the future, notwithstanding the glowing praise he's getting there. The only way he'll get meaningful competitive minutes is if all of Keatley, Bleyendaal, Holland, and Rory Scannell went down injured, and even then his brother might be ahead of him. Serious prospect though and you'd expect we'll be seeing plenty of him for the u20s over the next while.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Murray Kinsella and Axel speaking in glowing terms about Bill Johnson on the42.ie. I'm on my phone so perhaps someone could link to it please?

'Hes not one for the future he's one for now'
    Link is below
    http://www.the42.ie/bill-johnston-mu...89500-Aug2015/

Will be interesting to see how he goes this season. Done well to get a look in this early. With it being a world cup year is more likely to be looked at in pro12 but where will he be looked at if he did play .... Still in sub academy.

Leave a comment:

• breakfast roll
    replied
    Murray Kinsella and Axel speaking in glowing terms about Bill Johnson on the42.ie. I'm on my phone so perhaps someone could link to it please?

'Hes not one for the future he's one for now'
    i was very impressed with him over the two games. Seems to have a lot of confidence and composure. One of the few players that was looking to offload and pulled a couple off. He showed off a lot of his all round game as well - good passer, good range of kicking, & was able to create in tight spaces. Definitely has got something about him. He had a much better platform in the grenoble game though, would be interesting to see if he gets any time versus LI.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X