Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster Team 2015-2016. What are you hoping for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster Team 2015-2016. What are you hoping for?

Produce a few more irish internationals, not fringe players but fellas who hold onto test jerseys (who was the last to do that prior to POM & Murray??)

High percentage figures off the tee

Leadership core to step up without Paulie there to alleviate pressure.

Less injuries

More playoffs

Copeland, Blyendaal, Saili and perhaps DeeMac to make a real impact into the side.

Show up in a final, not 'attend without participation'

Sadly I was more optimistic 12 months ago than I am at this time, I think we can certainly make the playoffs again in the P12 and the RCC, its winning those key battles in semi finals and finals that we seem to have really struggled with since Leinster beat us in Croker. Nonetheless I cant wait to watch the team again!

Your hopes and aspirations for the season ahead?

Mumhan ABU
    Last edited by Cowboy; 7th-July-2015, 13:54.
    I am the million man.

All the above, Plus less messin with peoples heads, through the lack of consistent performances,

Comment

All I want is some new phrases . . .like the "To the faithful and brave nothing is impossible" . . . .ya know, that sort of stuff.

Rousing auld phrases. Thats the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
        All I want is some new phrases . . .like the "To the faithful and brave nothing is impossible" . . . .ya know, that sort of stuff.

Rousing auld phrases. Thats the key.
        'get our retaliation in first'

'at it all day'
        I am the million man.

Comment

Get out of their H Cup pool and get to the final of the league.

If either of these are not achieved I think it will be a disappointing season. Getting to the semis or further in the H Cup would compensate for not getting to the league final but not sure winning the league would compensate for Mexit (euro departure) at an pool stages.
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

You mean besides winning the European Cup and the league, after our players coming off a high as World Cup champions?
            Nothing much else really.
            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

A Munster babes calendar as the MRSC gift this year would do
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

To build upon last season. Easier group in Europe this time about and most likely two coming out of it. Getting out of the pool surely has to be a must for any chance of next season being considered successful. League wise, more of the same with perhaps going one further!

Thought our league performances were good overall last year, sure there was a few shockers - Ospreys H&A spring to mind along with Edinburgh at the start of the season. But your always going to have a few games like that in a league campaign especially with the chopping and changing of players that comes with the Pro12. Still a lot of positives in my opinion to build upon, like our clinical nature in the league and the way we put teams to the sword. That fact we scored the highest amount of tries in the league plus scored a try in every league match. It was also Foley's first year and we were adapting to a different style of play from Penny.

So hopeful in regards to next year, although we need to improve our performances in the bigger games i.e. Saracens Away, Clermont Home and Glasgow in the Pro12 final. However, with it being the first year of new management and system, too much I think could be made out of this. I am also slightly concerned with the amount of players that have left in a World Cup year when depth could be key in the league.
                "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Arrest the slide. I think a top 4 finish in the Pro 12 would be a magnificent achievement and an honourable showing in Europe. Out best players are going to have World Cup fatigue and we're losing the man who makes 20% difference in Europe. If we could budget to win our home games that would be great.

Unless we produce a talented crop in the next 12-18 months from nowhere I fear that our best chances are to sneak into Pro 12 finals for the next couple of years

Comment

Move more games to Cork......the N24 is wrecking my head.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Move more games to Limerick, N20 and N24 both wrecking my head.
                      The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
                      Originally posted by joconnell
                      If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        'get our retaliation in first'

'at it all day'
                        and "Every time, Referee!"
                        PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

In the Cup we should get out of the pools, home QF would be a bonus.

Reach the knockout games in the Pro12, win away in either Belfast, Dublin, Swansea or Glasgow, preferably win at least two of those away games.

Comment

At this moment in time.......I JUST WANT SEASON TO START.....I' m loosing theee plotttt
                            Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

A injury free season would be a good start.
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                              X