No announcement yet.

Ian Keatley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent bit of business if Irish are covering his wages. Van Graan clearly didn't have plans to play him and he was probably on a reasonable amount as a flyhalf.

Comment

Great quote from Keats in his interviews today:

I know I’m from Dublin, but I’ve lived here for the last eight years, and with my fiancée Lisa and daughter Beth born here, I know we will be back again. I’m from Munster and I’m a Limerick man now, and it holds a special place in my heart.
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        Great quote from Keats in his interviews today:

I know I’m from Dublin, but I’ve lived here for the last eight years, and with my fiancée Lisa and daughter Beth born here, I know we will be back again. I’m from Munster and I’m a Limerick man now, and it holds a special place in my heart.
        Honestly this forum turns into a pheckin Sweet Valley High sleepover pyjama party whenever the great man IK is concerned. It's embarrassing.

Comment

Best of luck to Keatley, hopefully he can rediscover the form he has shown in the past and get some confidence back,

Comment

Best of luck Keats.Thanks for the memories and enjoyment you gave me playing for Munster.

Comment

I’m gutted that we can’t give him a proper send-off. Apart from not being ROG, he was a great Munster man.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Just like to add my voice of gratitude, thanks Ian for your enormous contribution through often difficult times for Munster. Many players would give anything to represent Munster for any number of games, you did it for 180 games and scored 1,247 points (only ROG topped that!).
                Thanks again & the best of luck for the rest of your career - you're only 31 so plenty more to come.

Comment

A classy sportsman, some great words to sign off on. Great to see him going somewhere for the season as he's a waste on the periphery of a squad.

He may ave stuggled a few times at the later stages of competitions, but he was always instrumental in us getting there in the first place.
                  "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Best of luck to him. Always fronted up and never shirked his roll. I wish him and his family the best for the future and I'm only sorry we will not get to clap him off the pitch one more time in a munster jersey.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

The very best of luck to Keats, like others I'm sorry we won't see him in Thomond Park. But no doubt we'll meet again in Italy, where I hope he enjoys a successful career and enjoyable relocation.

Comment

Best of luck Ian . My favourite moments you gave me was the intercept try v Leinster 2014 and the winning drop goal v sale away .

He hasn't featured much this season and he has just gone so much down the pecking order that there was no point training all week and basically been off every weekend. He will get some game time now and no doubt be an asset for Irish

As for the Munster A , he is a munster player and has a duty to represent munster at any level that he is chosen for . Under Rassie players that didn't make the squads had to play AIL .

Comment

I will say it again and again. Without Keatley last season (and with the form of JJ and the injury to Tyler), we would not have made the semi-final. We all agree he was not the player for the next level, he was not ROG but he always gave his best. Very best wishes. I have a feeling we will do very well over the next season or three.

Comment

I echo all the plaudits. An immensely supportable player. A silky runner with a fine half break (and more). Nice to think that he will be back for matches vs Munster next season and will get as fine a reception then as he deserves a sending off now.

Comment

Really gutted that he doesn’t get a final game to say farewell. He did get a moment v Exeter when he was on the pitch (I think it was before) the game and the the crowd cheered and applauded him off, he enjoyed every second of it.

He’s an absolute class act and a gentleman, just a really nice guy who was immensely popular in the team. He had a difficult time of it but handled it was class and grace. I will always look back at that period of time with regret, that interview he gave after Axel passed, is still something that really sticks with me.

He never gave anything but his best, somedays just weren’t good days, but he always showed up and got back up, time and time again. That shows an incredible amount of integrity and character. He gave us so many good memories and will be massively welcomed back next season.
                              Last edited by Stringer9; 31st-January-2019, 06:14.
                              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

The very best of luck to him. Hope he gets a run out in Munster for Treviso next year (they may not even have a game in Munster the way the conference thing is set up).

I'm glad he doesn't have the same agent (or ego) as Zebo or we'd be treated to six days of 42.ie articles on how he's been unfairly treated. Its a mark of the man that he's taken the situation on the chin and got on with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X