Ian Keatley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
    Sorry to see him leave, great servant over the years. Probably best for both parties.
    True for both Ian and Jaco, we have players at least as good and need to make space for guys to come through as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
      Disappointing that it seems Taute is out. A couple of years back he looked like somebody who would anchor our centers for some time to come. Its true we have lots of center options but none are exactly locked in. Farrell might be but his injuries are a big worry. Goggin has some promise, Arnold seems to have slipped back, Scannell hasnt exactly kicked on and may have reached his ceiling. Hope it works out for Taute with Leicester
      Exactly the same as Taute. Everyone expected a Farrell/Taute midfield partnership 18 months ago. But they both got the same injury. Taute missed a year, came back and got injured again, similar to what's been happening to Farrell. The difference between them, contract wise, is that Farrell is Irish.

TBH I doubt Taute would have been allowed another contract by the IRFU even if he was fit and playing like he did in his first season.

Comment

Mod edit
        Last edited by mr chips; 8th-January-2019, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
          Mod edit
          He must be posting some awful crap, and frequently too.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Mig, post that again so I can Like it a second time.

Comment

Hello. My name is Mr. Snrub and I come from, uh, someplace far away. Yes, that will do. Anyway I-I say we invest that money back in the n̶u̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶ rest of the squad. And that Ian Keatley has been a valiant servant to Munster and his contribution should be celebrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
                Hello. My name is Mr. Snrub and I come from, uh, someplace far away. Yes, that will do. Anyway I-I say we invest that money back in the n̶u̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶ rest of the squad. And that Ian Keatley has been a valiant servant to Munster and his contribution should be celebrated.
                ooooh, he card read gooood
                I am the million man.

Comment

A great young fella he will be missed id say be the whole squad. Had his off days too but gave his all for munster and thats all i as a supporter want really.
                  fans having a cut off players individually miss the point really. No player goes out to play badly we have been lucky and still are that the jersey means as much to the players as it does to us the supporters .
                  silverware at end of the day is attained by the team as a collective unit ,its not won or lost by one player and having a go at players through frustration or downright bad manners achieves nothing in the end of the day
                  best of luck keats hope you do well in italy ,always welcome back at thomond park.

Comment

Best of luck to him. Fantastic contribution to Munster and stuck it out when many turned their backs in the dark days.
                    I really hope he enjoys his Italian experience.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

A true gentleman, even in the darkest days for him as a player , gave it his all and maybe tried too hard at times and his natural game suffered.
                      Here's hoping he gets to play running rugby with a dry ball in treviso and can play with a smile on his face. Good luck to him and his family.

Comment

Ian was a fantastic Munsterman and he deserves immense credit for his contribution and for the way he carried himself when things weren’t going well for the team.
                        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                          Ian was a fantastic Munsterman and he deserves immense credit for his contribution and for the way he carried himself when things weren’t going well for the team.
                          Agreed-- and I hope he knows that he is held in very good regard by the vast majority of Munster and Irish rugby supporters. Good luck to Ian in Treviso, a fabulous spot and a great rugby club.
                          Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Best of luck to him. Got a lot of respect for him even when it wasn't going well for him he fronted up and did his best.
                            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Fully agree. Keats always gave his all, Axel never doubted him even when his form suffered on occasions.

He’s been loyal to Munster and I wish him all the best in Italy
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

thanks Ian and good luck in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X