Oooooh hullawdere (from Paris)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh hullawdere (from Paris)

Hullaw mighty Irishmen (and women, and hermaphrodites) !

So, how does it feel? I mean, the European Cup? Myself I have totally lost the taste of it in six years of European Challenge. I am very confident in my beloved club, but the wind seems to be blowing in our face.

Against : lots of internationals going to the RWC2015, not only French but also Italian, Georgian, South African... and American.
    Lean recruitment,

For : wee are ze tchampions of France !
    Beat Toulon and Racing three times last year and Clermont twice, that helps building confidence

Anyway, Paris, the city of Love is waiting for the Red Army and I can provide addresses for pubs - at least I know where my local is. I unfortunately can't provide any accommodation, nor do I know the costs of hotels as I have a tendancy to live at my place. Paris is a very expansive city anyway. If you're looking for restaurants I know plenty of.

Boy, o boy, it feels great!

Merci beaucoup Ze Stade Fan, welcome to the forum.

Likewise we can help you with any questions about your trip to Thomond.
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
      Merci beaucoup Ze Stade Fan, welcome to the forum.

Likewise we can help you with any questions about your trip to Thomond.
      Well I paid dear money to go to the RWC, so I am as busted as the Greek government. BUT Thomond park is the very top of my list in terms of away trips, alongside Leicester where I have friends. Limerick, you're a lady!

Comment

Originally posted by Ze Stade Fan View Post
        Well I paid dear money to go to the RWC, so I am as busted as the Greek government. BUT Thomond park is the very top of my list in terms of away trips, alongside Leicester where I have friends. Limerick, you're a lady!
        If you want to meet hermaphrodites you will need to visit Dublin also.

Comment

Hullaw mighty Irishmen (and women, and hermaphrodites) !

So, how does it feel? I mean, the European Cup? Myself I have totally lost the taste of it in six years of European Challenge. I am very confident in my beloved club, but the wind seems to be blowing in our face.

Against : lots of internationals going to the RWC2015, not only French but also Italian, Georgian, South African... and American.
          Lean recruitment,

For : wee are ze tchampions of France !
          Beat Toulon and Racing three times last year and Clermont twice, that helps building confidence

Anyway, Paris, the city of Love is waiting for the Red Army and I can provide addresses for pubs - at least I know where my local is. I unfortunately can't provide any accommodation, nor do I know the costs of hotels as I have a tendancy to live at my place. Paris is a very expansive city anyway. If you're looking for restaurants I know plenty of.

Boy, o boy, it feels great!
          Yes on restaurant recommendations.

Comment

Well I paid dear money to go to the RWC, so I am as busted as the Greek government. BUT Thomond park is the very top of my list in terms of away trips,alongside Leicester where I have friends. Limerick, you're a lady!o
            h h
            You were doing great until the bit about alongside Leicester
            . Limerick is alongside nowhere else but is an experience everywhere else aspires to. Hope you make it. You'll see what I mean.
            Last edited by Arthur Guinness; 19th-June-2015, 13:28.
            The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
              h h
              You were doing great until the bit about alongside Leicester
              . Limerick is alongside nowhere else but is an experience everywhere else aspires to. Hope you make it. You'll see what I mean.
              Thanks for reminding me. I mean "Go raibh mile maith agat" !

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. I mean "Go raibh mile maith agat" !
                Tá fáilte romhat agus Cead Míle Fáilte d'ár website.
                The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

I don't have fadas on my French keyboard, but I know what Failte means ! It means "ministry" as in ministry of Tourism ! .-)

I am working on a list of restaurants. Do you know when we'll know the exact fixture ?

Comment

I don't have fadas on my French keyboard, but I know what Failte means ! It means "ministry" as in ministry of Tourism ! .-)

I am working on a list of restaurants. Do you know when we'll know the exact fixture ?
                    The first four fixtures should be known within the next 2 months, or 6 months ! The last two will be known mid December.

Would ours be a match that Stade would take to SdF or Brussels ?

Comment

Hopefully on one of the 3 weekends which suit me. The possible dates for the fixtures are:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434729483.434696.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	2485710

Comment

Thanks again. No, Stade Français WON'T take the game to Brussels or Ballynacura for two reasons :
                        a) we have new people at the helm of the club since 4 years and they don't have the same grandiose ideas.
                        b) above all we have a brand new redeveloped stadium, the beauties of which I shall chant ahead of the home game. The capacity is 20,000 seats. I know it sound small for the Red Army but Paris has so many shows on offer each week that we scored a 13,000 average attendance only during the past season. So, my dear Red Soldiers, the odds are you are going to oversing us !!!

Just joking. We have drums.

For those already booking flights and hotels, the stadium is located inside Paris, at the western brim of the city, and is wonderfully serviced by several metro lines (9 which stops at Porte de Saint-Cloud, 10 which stops at Porte d'Auteuil) and plenty of buses (32, 72 and others) all these advertised on www.ratp.fr, the website of the Paris transport company. Taxi from the heart of Paris to the stadium should cost between 20 and 25 euros. I dunno about Uber I never tried (ooooooh I am a bit of a culchie in spite being a French jackeen). More details to come when we have the exact fixture of the game.

Comment

I don't have fadas on my French keyboard
                          ?
                          Of course you do. They are the same as the "accents aigu"

Comment

Thanks again. No, Stade Français WON'T take the game to Brussels or Ballynacura for two reasons :
                            a) we have new people at the helm of the club since 4 years and they don't have the same grandiose ideas.
                            b) above all we have a brand new redeveloped stadium, the beauties of which I shall chant ahead of the home game. The capacity is 20,000 seats.

Would ye consider moving the game next door?

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                              Of course you do. They are the same as the "accents aigu"
                              "é" is a distinct key on the french keyboard as are "è", "à" and "ù" which are the only accents you get in French (not talking about "ê", "â", etc.). So no way to type an "á" with a standard french keyboard. Which makes sense since it does not exist in French
                              Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X