Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garryowen2323
    replied
    Going back to Brumbies on a 2 year deal. Currently playing with Montpellier as cover during the World Cup

Leave a comment:

• garryowen2323
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLad View Post
    he has 20 apps for the crusaders in two seasons and was no 2 to dan carter so he cant be worse than keatley imo
    Don't be fooled by those stats. He got his chance at Crusaders last season when he started the first game against Chiefs at 10. Missed 5 place kicks in a row and was hooked. Didn't start a game after that. He was 4th choice behind Slade, Carter and Taylor (who are all leaving at the end of this season!) for the remainder of the season (bar a few bench appearances due to injuries)

Leave a comment:

• BigLad
    replied
    first post since the debacle on saturday. was too raw to post sat and sun

12 months ago all our problems were our centre combo. downey and lualua didnt suit and were leaving and the thoughts were that if we signed a world class 12 we would be sorted . we were happy with keatley and the super jj on the rise that would be rog standard by this season

well we got andrew smith and tyler , not the fanfare signing we were looking for . To be honest i think andrew has had a decent season and has done well .

our issue is at outhalf , dan carter was available but we cant afford him , we dont have a rog anymore . but surely we can attract someone better than a connacht lad we signed with a 62 % kick at goal success rate this season. i say the treviso outhalf has a better % than that .

jimmy g is gone so that frees up a NIQ outhalf position in ireland now . Tyler was signed as a centre but if we cant sign someone i would put all our eggs in one basket with him next season at outhalf .

he has 20 apps for the crusaders in two seasons and was no 2 to dan carter so he cant be worse than keatley imo

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Front-row forward?
    He gave up years ago.

No 12.

UBL player of the year I think.

Connacht after him too according to the Sindo.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by breakfast roll View Post
    Munster interested in Matt D'arcy according to the indo. Big pinch of salt required given the source.
    Front-row forward?
    He gave up years ago.

Leave a comment:

• breakfast roll
    replied
    Munster interested in Matt D'arcy according to the indo. Big pinch of salt required given the source.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Pony View Post
    We may not have yet but IMHO we will as there is simply no alternative. The only contracted THP from January is Archer. There few if any quality IQ THP's out there that can be got.

You also have the clash of not having NIQ's at different provinces in the same position. There are plenty NIQ backs already. I know Herbst is at Ulster, but there has been a traditional softening of approach for THP.

3. Herbst/BJB
    4 FvdM
    5. Douglas
    7 CJS
    8 Williams
    9 Pienaar
    10 Tyler
    11 Nacewa
    12 T'eo
    13 Saili
    14 GvdH
    15 Ludick/Kirchner

If we were to sign a young Leinster TH, if we were to try and switch James Cronin.

If we were doing those things we would not have 1 TH.

Leave a comment:

• Pony
    replied
    Originally posted by hellovating View Post
    Quota is 4 NIQ, right? we'll have bj for 5 months, saili, gvdh and tyler. there is wiggle room there unless we have a NIQ tighthead lined up to replace bj. and i don't think we do.
    We may not have yet but IMHO we will as there is simply no alternative. The only contracted THP from January is Archer. There few if any quality IQ THP's out there that can be got.

You also have the clash of not having NIQ's at different provinces in the same position. There are plenty NIQ backs already. I know Herbst is at Ulster, but there has been a traditional softening of approach for THP.

3. Herbst/BJB
    4 FvdM
    5. Douglas
    7 CJS
    8 Williams
    9 Pienaar
    10 Tyler
    11 Nacewa
    12 T'eo
    13 Saili
    14 GvdH
    15 Ludick/Kirchner

Leave a comment:

• hellovating
    replied
    No room in quota for either. Personally thought Guinazu was poor yesterday.
    Quota is 4 NIQ, right? we'll have bj for 5 months, saili, gvdh and tyler. there is wiggle room there unless we have a NIQ tighthead lined up to replace bj. and i don't think we do.

Leave a comment:

• Pony
    replied
    Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
    I hope Munster decide to offer both Smith and Guinazu an extension. They were two of our more solid players over the last few weeks.
    No room in quota for either. Personally thought Guinazu was poor yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• shanners
    replied
    Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
    I hope Munster decide to offer both Smith and Guinazu an extension. They were two of our more solid players over the last few weeks.
    I don't get it. Why, when the season is over are they waiting for confirmation?

Leave a comment:

• FORWARD....
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he has done better than "good". He has been our most potent Centre behind JdV, making him our most successful ever 13?
    As someone else pointed out last week, he showed the value of direct running and the ability to break through the first and even second tackle. I still think we pose a sharper attacking threat with Earls at 13 but Smith certainly didn't let us down - better than that, he made himself an invaluable member of the squad. Best of luck to him wherever he lands next.

Leave a comment:

• Pony
    replied
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he has done better than "good". He has been our most potent Centre behind JdV, making him our most successful ever 13?

Versus other imports.
    Smith 21 games, 30 points
    Casey 51 games, 10 points
    Tuitipou 21 games, 10 points
    Mafi 144 games, 65 points
    Tipoki 29 games, 15 points
    Jdv 23 games, 40 points
    Halsted 41 games, 40 points

I expect he'll have no problem finding another club up this side of the world. A 2-3 year deal worth a good wedge at an promoted/ambitious AP or T14 club should be an easy sell.
    Last edited by Pony; 31st-May-2015, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    He has done really well, hope he picks up the contract that he deserves somewhere in the NH.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X