Andrew Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew Smith

Whatever happens on Saturday and regardless of whoever else is playing their last game for Munster, those attending the game should make a point of thanking Andrew Smith for this contribution to the Province this season.

He has been an extremely hard working and potent member of an ever improving back-line. I wish him all the very best for the future. Thank you Andrew.

He's grown on me too. Is he leaving for sure?

Comment

Certainly looks like it from his interview. Another lovely guy who started off pretty tall and seemed to grow in stature every game.
      PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Definitely better in last number of weeks - would have held on to him until Christmas with Zebo, Earls probably at WC and we looking to shift people around to cover - never mind any injuries.

Comment

Very competent centre who knows what are straight running lines which a lot of Munster players of yore did not seem to understand.

Good luck to him wherever he heads to now.

Comment

Yeah all the best Andrew in the future
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Really warmed to him as a player, sad to see him go! Thanks Andrew!
              Stand up and fight

Comment

Well done Sockets. If we could keep you, I'd say we would. Best of luck wherever you end up.
                The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
                Originally posted by joconnell
                If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

All the best to him. He got some unwarranted stick while his centre partnership with Hurley was bedding in but turned into a fine signing for us. He set the minimum standard we should expect from Saili
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Any chance of us keeping Smith,with a passing/play making 12 beside him to create a bit of space for him I think he would really flourish.Made ground yesterday with very limited ball,very strong on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by megladon View Post
                      Any chance of us keeping Smith,with a passing/play making 12 beside him to create a bit of space for him I think he would really flourish.Made ground yesterday with very limited ball,very strong on his feet.

He made that try yesterday out of nothing tbh . . .

Comment

He has done really well, hope he picks up the contract that he deserves somewhere in the NH.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but he has done better than "good". He has been our most potent Centre behind JdV, making him our most successful ever 13?

Versus other imports.
                          Smith 21 games, 30 points
                          Casey 51 games, 10 points
                          Tuitipou 21 games, 10 points
                          Mafi 144 games, 65 points
                          Tipoki 29 games, 15 points
                          Jdv 23 games, 40 points
                          Halsted 41 games, 40 points

I expect he'll have no problem finding another club up this side of the world. A 2-3 year deal worth a good wedge at an promoted/ambitious AP or T14 club should be an easy sell.
                          Last edited by Pony; 31st-May-2015, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony View Post
                            Correct me if I'm wrong but he has done better than "good". He has been our most potent Centre behind JdV, making him our most successful ever 13?
                            As someone else pointed out last week, he showed the value of direct running and the ability to break through the first and even second tackle. I still think we pose a sharper attacking threat with Earls at 13 but Smith certainly didn't let us down - better than that, he made himself an invaluable member of the squad. Best of luck to him wherever he lands next.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I hope Munster decide to offer both Smith and Guinazu an extension. They were two of our more solid players over the last few weeks.
                              "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Working...
                              X