Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G12 Final) Munster VGlasgow. 18.30 TG4 & Sky Sports. May 30th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G12 Final) Munster VGlasgow. 18.30 TG4 & Sky Sports. May 30th.

We are in a final!

Come on Munster, finish this season with a flourish, hopefully the injuries will have cleared by then.

• FORWARD....
    replied
    Vultures. All very brave with the criticism now. Donal Lenihan also wearing the black cap in his article yesterday. I'd be more inclined to respect their opinion if they had aired similar views during the year.

Leave a comment:

• Valencia
    replied
    Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
    Go at who? Keatley?
    Yep.

I didn't get to read it, a buddy gave me the synopsis

Leave a comment:

• FORWARD....
    replied
    Go at who? Keatley?

Leave a comment:

• Valencia
    replied
    Apparently Tony Ward had a go in his article today. Not good enough his appraisal. I think he'd be more than grand as back up 10.

Leave a comment:

• blaa-head
    replied
    Just saw the game again, I knew Keatly had a very bad game, but Jesus Christ his not up to this level at all. Hopefully Tyler can make a big impact next season! Why did he continually kick straight down the throat of Hogg, DTH & Seymour the deadliest combination of the GP12? Even Williams took over the kicking duties because he couldn't find touch! Poor JJ... The wrong kid died

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    That's most unlikely. There are photos of Denis Hurley and the Glasgow Captain and Anthony Foley and Gregor Townsend in a completely empty stadium on the Pro12 Site.

That would seem to indicate that at least those two were in Belfast on Friday last.

Leave a comment:

• Alistair Hutton
    replied
    Originally posted by bankman View Post
    Agree with your point about defence, The third try was a really good example, Glasgow seemed to glide straight through our line untouched, and score under the posts.
    For the third try you had the entire front row defending out wide, Hogg could have picked any of 3 players to go past.

Leave a comment:

• red pennell
    replied
    Can anybody confirm what the teams travel arrangements were at the weekend? I'm hearing that they traveled up on the day by coach.

Leave a comment:

• theghost
    replied
    didn't see the game live due to travel but from what i have seen we didn't turn up. Poor decision making allied to kicking fairly aimlessly to Hogg who will counter attack all day long didnt help us. Defensively we were very poor and several times we got caught out wide with only forwards in defensive roles. Squad are squads but man do we miss Conor Murray ,not having a go at Duncan because i thought he was one of our better performers on the day but Murray makes munster and ireland tick. Sad end to Paul o connells munster career i would have loved to see him once more collect silverware for us. The season is over and with it players depart. Paul o'Connell, JJ Hanrahan, Andrew Smith, Paddy Butler,Damien Varley all leaving for various reasons. We will miss them ,it will be hard to see Paulie in particular in another club jersey but he has my thanks and good wishes for the future whatever he chooses to do,2006 heineken cup final win was a sporting highlight i will never forget.

Leave a comment:

• shanners
    replied
    The news of Paulies departure was a distraction, On friday GT, in the times putting great emphasis on the fact that a two year deal with Toulon was almost more important than our upcoming final . Our first final in a while. Thanks Gerry.
    This is a joke...right?

Leave a comment:

• PARISHMAN1970
    replied
    The news of Paulies departure was a distraction, On friday GT, in the times putting great emphasis on the fact that a two year deal with Toulon was almost more important than our upcoming final . Our first final in a while. Thanks Gerry.
    His departure from Munster was known prior to the semi final, the reason we lost was because the better team won. We cannot blame anyone or anything else , Glasgow were outstanding on the day and we were poor.People can question the coaches and players and some on the forum are making valid points and others are talking out through their a**e, lets move on and look forward to next season as we have exciting players coming in and some of our younger players will get their chance to shine and the older ones now have to step out of the shadow of POC and show leadership and bring on the younger less experienced squad members. I for one are looking forward to next season and lets hope its a successful one.

Leave a comment:

• barleys chinos
    replied
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    Glasgow wanted it more, a whole lot more, reminded me a bit of Munster looking for that HEC win in 2006 speaking to a couple of their supporters after the final whistle Thought some of our lads felt all they needed to do was turn up
    They'd be wrong then,

##mod edit##
    Last edited by ick; 2nd-June-2015, 21:19. Reason: rules

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Glasgow wanted it more, a whole lot more, reminded me a bit of Munster looking for that HEC win in 2006 speaking to a couple of their supporters after the final whistle Thought some of our lads felt all they needed to do was turn up

Leave a comment:

• Munsterford
    replied
    This was a first professional final for the vast majority of the team, I think only 4 played in the 2011 final. It was Glasgows second bite at the cherry in 2 seasons and they obviously learned from last years final, lets hope we do the same next year. Also, losing 3 six nations winning internationals would severely hurt any club side no matter how much squad depth you have, it was a massive loss of experience and it showed on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X