Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomadation for Pro12 Final

Well lads,

Any advice where to stay in Belfast next Saturday? Near the Stadium etc?

Its looking kinda busy up there Bank holiday weekend as well.

Comment

Originally posted by desperate dan View Post
      Its looking kinda busy up there Bank holiday weekend as well.
      Not in the North.

Our Bank Holiday is on Monday 25.

Comment

Looks completely full. If anyone hears of anywhere that has cancellations etc. can you please PM me/put it up on the thread. Thanks.

Comment

Quick search on Trip adviser and there is currently availability with: Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter, Ramada Plaza and Malmasion

Comment

Originally posted by Paddym99 View Post
            Quick search on Trip adviser and there is currently availability with: Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter, Ramada Plaza and Malmasion
            K-k-k-k-razy prices though. Looks like we might be better off heading back towards Dublin, there's hardly anything available within 50 miles of Down.

Comment

Isn't Slane on as well that weekend so accommodation down Drogheda way will be tight as well. Going to be tricky to make this work.

Comment

I have booked a B N B in Dundalk called Lismar House intend to get the train from Dundalk to Belfast and back on the day
                Last edited by desperate dan; 25th-May-2015, 07:13.

Comment

I eventually booked a hotel in Maynooth - 188km, so should get there by 11pm hopefully.

Comment

You would hope Irish rail might put on a couple of day return special train services from limerick & cork to Belfast, they would be a big demand as its a long day if you are driving up and down .

Comment

Right. I know there's been a bit of banter about our place, but it looks like people really are struggling to find something affordable in Belfast.

So (deep breath) here's the craic. For those MRSC members who are into camping, we have a field beside the house, much of which is flat, which we could make available free of charge to anyone for whom lack of affordable accommodation is a barrier to attending the match. Please be aware though that we are another 45-55 minutes north of Belfast, which means it likely won't suit a lot of folk purely in terms of the extra bit of travel. Plus it's just a field, not a campsite. I'm quite happy to make sure the grass is cut right down and all, but there are no outdoor cooking facilities etc. However, there's a pub which serves food just three minutes' walk away.

That said - if there was just a small number of folk looking to crash (max 8-10, I reckon), and they were able to bring their own bedding, airbeds etc, we could open up the living room and other floorspace in the house, on the understanding that it's completely non-smoking.

Not that I'm expecting it, but if it turned out that a whole busload of folk were on for this, we couldn't really cope with the numbers in terms of bathrooms in the house etc (only one working shower at present!), but with regards to the camping idea, I would even look into the possibility of hiring a portaloo/portashower - but that would only be if enough people were coming to be able to pool the cost of it between them.

I imagine people will make their own arrangements in/near Belfast or simply travel back south on the night. But on the offchance that it helps a few Munster supporters out, the offer is genuine. If you're interested, reply to this thread initially and I'll take it from there.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Only on Munsterfans, Magnifique Monsieur Chips!
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

https://www.airbnb.ie/s/Belfast--Uni...ss_id=58wkqyhr

some vacancies still listed for Saturday.
                          "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
                            You would hope Irish rail might put on a couple of day return special train services from limerick & cork to Belfast, they would be a big demand as its a long day if you are driving up and down .
                            Yup. Been looking all afternoon and absolutely no accommodation available. So it either drive up and back same day or just stay home and watch on TV.

Comment

How loose are Belfast women? would they take us all in?

Comment

Working...
                              X