This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who starts at 10 in the final?

After a really poor kicking game that ultimately almost cost us the match. Do you persist with a blatantly out of form Ian Keatley

Or

Does JJ deserve to start

Put aside any personal bias and think solely of the team.
    Con Artist

Personally think if we don't start JJ at ten, might be an idea to have him at fullback. Certainly can't rely on Keats kicking, don't think that was a once off. He's like a golfer with the yips

Head is gone
    Con Artist

Comment

I think that as the evidence of today shows Keatley is hugely out of form with the boot.I would start JJ in the final but I will be amazed if Foley does.
      If it wasn\'t for venetian blinds,it would be curtains for all of us....

Comment

I think he will start keats at 10, if it was anyone else other than jj, they might be in with a shout. Keats had a bad day, we should have been half way to belfast but we got dragged into an open game. But his pass to cj was great (if he meant it). We should have kicked to the corner in the mid way through the second half.

Comment

Keatley was fine last week, ****e this week, he'll start next week and have a stormer
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by cors View Post
            I think he will start keats at 10, if it was anyone else other than jj, they might be in with a shout. Keats had a bad day, we should have been half way to belfast but we got dragged into an open game. But his pass to cj was great (if he meant it). We should have kicked to the corner in the mid way through the second half.
            You're right Cors his step and pass were fantastic for Paddy's try

However completely with the analytical hat on v Dragons he was charged down Twice.
            Missed the crucial conversion v Ulster that Wee Paddy slotted from a similar mark.

Lads be fair if that was Junior A, the hooked pole would have been out with at least 30mins to go. And it wasn't only the place kicking. He had a couple of aimless kicks from hand (one good one too to be fair) and another out on the full.

I actually like Ian Keatley but I like Munster more.
            Con Artist

Comment

Keatley will start.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Keatley will start unquestionably,Foley had no faith in JJ at the start or middle of the season he is not going to conjure it up now that he is leaving.

Comment

Jj missed a straightforward kick too

Comment

JJ's leaving in a week and he hasn't got any meaningful game time at 10 in a big game since god knows when. Irrespective of whether or not he should start, he won't.

Comment

What about they pull a beauty and in comes Tyler? (Wishful thinking I know)
                      Con Artist

Comment

Keatley has had these horror shows before but thankfully never puts them in for back to back weeks. He should start next week, we should aim for better next season.

Comment

I wish he'd stop shaking his head or cussing himself when he misses the posts or misses touch. Just makes it all look worse and that he's got no answer for his missing.

Comment

Keatley kicks best when he gets the feck on with it. Put the ball on the tee, step back, whack it and trust the muscle memory. He looks like he is trying to put the ball there.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              Keatley kicks best when he gets the feck on with it. Put the ball on the tee, step back, whack it and trust the muscle memory. He looks like he is trying to put the ball there.
                              Hence the yips analogy - too much thought process
                              Con Artist

Comment

Working...
                              X