Keith Earls.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Earls.

The most dangerous winger in Irish rugby at the moment? Since the break and burn to the line against Sale he has been almost unmarkable for defenders.

He rucks everywhere across the field, he sees space, and is generous with the ball. He has an ability to make the ball do what he wants it to, bounce into his hands. I think he's never been as good as he is at the moment.

An incredible pro and superb player.
    I am the million man.

He's the most dangerous attacking winger in Ireland, certainly.

Comment

Best attacking winger and best attacking centre in the country.

Personally I think he's far more beneficial to the team at 13.
      We also have better wingers behind him than outside centres but because it might have upset the established order a couple of years ago, we are biting off our nose to spite our face.

Either way, I just enjoy watching him on a rugby field at every opportunity I get. Special talent.

Comment

Originally posted by diarm View Post
        Best attacking winger and best attacking centre in the country.

Personally I think he's far more beneficial to the team at 13.
        We also have better wingers behind him than outside centres but because it might have upset the established order a couple of years ago, we are biting off our nose to spite our face.

Either way, I just enjoy watching him on a rugby field at every opportunity I get. Special talent.
        He should be at 13 without question . .wasted on the wing.

We have wingers. ROM did nothing wrong today, he could easily start, he's a good strong player, great appetite for work and I can't recall any howlers of decisions from him ever ie; he's a safe player. Put Zebo on the other and leave Earls at 13.

Personally Id actually rather see Zebo at 15. I just don't rate Jones as a top level full back but thats just my own opinion and Foley, Schmidt obviously disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
          He should be at 13 without question . .wasted on the wing.

We have wingers. ROM did nothing wrong today, he could easily start, he's a good strong player, great appetite for work and I can't recall any howlers of decisions from him ever ie; he's a safe player. Put Zebo on the other and leave Earls at 13.

Personally Id actually rather see Zebo at 15. I just don't rate Jones as a top level full back but thats just my own opinion and Foley, Schmidt obviously disagree.
          You also have VDH, Conway and Luke O'Dea vying for wing spots, not to mention poor Johne Murphy who has probably worn his Netflix account into the ground at this stage.

I like Jones a lot but Zebo has been hugely impressive almost every time I've seen him at fullback. That little bit of extra space it gives him to pick up speed works wonders. We haven't really seen him in the same defensive positions as Jones does so well in so it's hard to say he's definitely a better option.

Comment

You also have VDH, Conway and Luke O'Dea vying for wing spots, not to mention poor Johne Murphy who has probably worn his Netflix account into the ground at this stage.

I like Jones a lot but Zebo has been hugely impressive almost every time I've seen him at fullback. That little bit of extra space it gives him to pick up speed works wonders. We haven't really seen him in the same defensive positions as Jones does so well in so it's hard to say he's definitely a better option.
            Was it Felix gave the last pass to Earls today? It was a fantastic pass in fairness to him
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              Was it Felix gave the last pass to Earls today? It was a fantastic pass in fairness to him
              I'm not sure. I was watching a fairly crappy feed in Singapore so I'm looking forward to watching the game in proper resolution again when it becomes available somewhere on the interweb!

Comment

A top class winger . Not required in the centre. He's too good at scoring tries.

He hasn't butchered a try since murrayfield . Absolutely clinical .
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Did he not get picked up by a skinny winger who isn't long out of the Ulster academy?
                  Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                  http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

I commented on the match thread that he wasn't great it the first half but he fairly shut me up in the 2nd! He was excellent, took the try really well, did well in the air and had a great try saving (try delaying as it turned out) tackle on cave at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                      Did he not get picked up by a skinny winger who isn't long out of the Ulster academy?
                      yes. quite right. that negates everything else.

cut it out, the rest of ye.

Comment

Just reckon a bit of perspective is needed. His try was a simply worked overlap against 14men with a scrum half on the wing. Well finished but nothing more than bread and butter for a player of Earls' ability.
                        Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                        http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Is Luke not being let go?

But yes we will have Conway and GVDH back in time also.

Comment

Just reckon a bit of perspective is needed. His try was a simply worked overlap against 14men with a scrum half on the wing. Well finished but nothing more than bread and butter for a player of Earls' ability.
                            the original post was a comment on his form over the past few months since his comeback from a serious injury. he has been terrific.

Comment

this ain't about Ulster or your malnourished winglets!

Earls is staying fit and scoring tries against lots of sides, even ones that are not Ulster!
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X