Diarmuid McCarthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
    Have to say I'm torn about these kind of threads. I love to see any player come back and play, at any level tbh, in any sport but at the same time schools is really no place to judge players. The AIL has plenty of lads who were very good at schools or who shone in a good team or had a great season. I'd also worry it adds a pressure to guys that they don't need.

That being said, he scored a peach a try at the weekend and hopefully he makes the 7's squad and goes from there. I just hope people judge him for how he goes on the pitch now and not for a few games when he was 17 or 18. As was said, it's great he's back and pity his try wasn't enough for Munsters last weekend.
    100% only the Irish Times and Tony Ward thinks schools rugby is a high standard
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Diarmuid McCarthy

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
      Probably a bit late to be breaking into the backs at this stage but more power to him if he does. He has some gas
      Bod played into his mid 30's and had no gas for the last few years. Let's see how he goes but 25 is not a barrier.

Never seen him play so please do not think I am bigging him up to be BOD. Don't know his story but reading between the lines fair play to him for getting back on the horse.
      Last edited by The Last Stand; 28th-April-2015, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
        Bod played into his mid 30's and had no gas for the last few years. Let's see how he goes but 25 is not a barrier.

Never seen him play so please do not think I am bugging him up to be BOD. Don't know his story but reading between the lines fair play to him for getting back on the horse.
        Ah now, apples and oranges. To even break into the pro 12 side he has to surpass gvdh, ROM Conway and O'Dea to get a spot on the wing assuming Earls and Zebo are unavailable. That's a very big ask for someone who's never even played at that level. Same with the centre position. As I said, more power to him if he makes it. I'll be shouting for him but at the moment he's more Bebe than BOD
        Last edited by B.A.; 28th-April-2015, 22:54.
        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Well James Coughlan managed it at what, 28, 29? Sounds like he's a centre as well so less competition than on the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
            Well James Coughlan managed it at what, 28, 29? Sounds like he's a centre as well so less competition than on the wing.
            James Coughlan was failed by the system and the fact he had several of the best Irish backrow forwards in history in front of him- not exactly the same thing.

However best of luck to the lad would be a hell of a story. He'd be better off trying his luck with us then Munster
            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
              ...However best of luck to the lad would be a hell of a story. He'd be better off trying his luck with us then Munster
              Nonsense. He's in a higher quality rugby environment where he is.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                Nonsense. He's in a higher quality rugby environment where he is.
                He isn't going to make it at Munster at 25 years of age.

Comment

If he's good enough of course he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                    If he's good enough of course he can.
                    Not with what's ahead of him.

Might get the odd Pro 12 game in an international window similar to lads like Dineen and O Dea but that's the height of it.

Comment

Not with what's ahead of him.

Might get the odd Pro 12 game in an international window similar to lads like Dineen and O Dea but that's the height of it.
                      If he's good enough what's ahead of him doesn't matter.

Comment

25 is when players are just entering their prime (for backs) so DmC has plenty of time to make it. Very little mileage on the clock too so that could be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                          25 is when players are just entering their prime (for backs) so DmC has plenty of time to make it. Very little mileage on the clock too so that could be a bonus.
                          Prime for players who have extensive professional rugby . Hope it works out for him but I can't see it Irish internationals and potential all blacks ahead of him. Somewhere else he's have a better chance of getting a chance

Comment

He'd be better off trying his luck with us then Munster
                            Sure sign this youngfella must be handy after all
                            I am the million man.

Comment

I said the same thing when I considered his age. However, I was told he turned down a Munster contract and took a break from playing a few years back. He then returned with Garryowen and later YM. He's had a few injuries as well. I've seen him this year and he has serious ability and talent. I've no doubt he'll get a crack next season.
                              He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Two tries for Diarmuid today against the Ravens. Munster won 41-27.
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X