Diarmuid McCarthy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diarmuid McCarthy

Great to see the schools sensation Diarmuid McCarthy back playing the game at a competitive level. He seems to be in great physical condition and showing his true potential for Young Munster. Any chance Axel will give the lad a go during the world cup with possibly Earls, Zebo and Felix all gone to the World Cup? Would love to see it.

Originally posted by Tipplad View Post
    Great to see the schools sensation Diarmuid McCarthy back playing the game at a competitive level. He seems to be in great physical condition and showing his true potential for Young Munster. Any chance Axel will give the lad a go during the world cup with possibly Earls, Zebo and Felix all gone to the World Cup? Would love to see it.
    I'd say he is a certainty to be with Munster during the RWC. Wing is a tough position to break into the Munster squad though.. and he doesn't seem to be playing centre or fullback,

Comment

According to the latest squad update, he's been training with the senior squad of late.
      Have to say I know nothing about this guy, apart from the mentions I've seen of him online. Just how good was he back in the schools rugby? Anyone attending AIL games recently that can say how he looks since his return to the game?

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

I just remember see him playing at 13 when in Castletroy. Super player then, and thought we had a great 13 coming through. Wasn't to be for various issues, but seems like he is back on the radar now, and hopefully he gets some sort of development deal, to see where it could all go for him.

Comment

What age is he now? Is he primarily an outside centre?

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
          RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

Have seen him play a few times for the Cookies this season. Serious engine and very hard to get him to ground.
            http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/vine-y...y-in-ail/20993

Comment

Whatever about making it as a professional rugby player it's great to see him playing again at any level and looking like he's enjoying himself. Anything else is a bonus.
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                According to the latest squad update, he's been training with the senior squad of late.
                Have to say I know nothing about this guy, apart from the mentions I've seen of him online. Just how good was he back in the schools rugby? Anyone attending AIL games recently that can say how he looks since his return to the game?
                He has been training with Munster since around January/February. Regards when he was back in school, he was a serious player. I remember watching my school PBC playing in a senior cup semi in Young Munster against Castletroy, he got the ball on half way burnt Simon Zebo and a few other players and scored the winning try. Im sure everyone remembers seeing the brilliant try he got in the final on tv a few weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                  He was rated a bigger prospect than Keith Earls coming out of schools in Limerick...I know lads who played with him underage in Munster/Ireland who said he was the most talented player they ever played with, and that includes lads who have gone on to play for the Lions!
                  He was given a full Munster contract straight out of school...looks like he has come back from a very difficult place which is great to see. John Staunton gave a lot to his Castletroy schools team and it's no consincidence he's got him in the Cookies now I'd say.
                  He's been training with the Irish 7's team too and should feature for them this summer. Would be great to see him pick up some sort of Munster contract.
                  Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

http://www.the42.ie/diarmuid-mccarth...43438-Feb2015/
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Looks like a potential uncapped Baa-Baa to me.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Have to say I'm torn about these kind of threads. I love to see any player come back and play, at any level tbh, in any sport but at the same time schools is really no place to judge players. The AIL has plenty of lads who were very good at schools or who shone in a good team or had a great season. I'd also worry it adds a pressure to guys that they don't need.

That being said, he scored a peach a try at the weekend and hopefully he makes the 7's squad and goes from there. I just hope people judge him for how he goes on the pitch now and not for a few games when he was 17 or 18. As was said, it's great he's back and pity his try wasn't enough for Munsters last weekend.
                        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

What age is he?
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

About 25

Comment

Probably a bit late to be breaking into the backs at this stage but more power to him if he does. He has some gas
                              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                              X