Jordan Coghlan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan Coghlan

Have not seen this discussed on another thread. Backrower Coghlan has signed for Munster from Leinster Academy. He's 22, 6'4', 17 st, fast and athletic. He was very good for the Ireland U 20s and has some injuries ever since. Leinster briefly tried him out in the centre at one point last year. This lad could turn out to be a very good signing. There will be a lot of competition for Munster backrow slots next season.
    Erse end of nowhere

another blindside flanker/number 8, not exactly position's munster are in need of talent or bodies in.
    would be interesting enough if they tried him out at centre again, although that didn't really work out.
    could have been much better used at either connacht or ulster.
    hopefully he can start to fulfill promise he showed as 18/19 year old.
    Last edited by Bayern; 27th-February-2015, 09:34.

Comment

Not everyone who is 6ft 4 and 17 stone automatically makes a good backrow player. It definitely helps though. He was a very good prospect though.

When you see that you realise professional rugby is all about size these days. Not for the better either.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
        Have not seen this discussed on another thread. Backrower Coghlan has signed for Munster from Leinster Academy. He's 22, 6'4', 17 st, fast and athletic. He was very good for the Ireland U 20s and has some injuries ever since. Leinster briefly tried him out in the centre at one point last year. This lad could turn out to be a very good signing. There will be a lot of competition for Munster backrow slots next season.
        Hes actually from Cork, Mallow I think, but went to school in Clongowes and has stayed in Dublin since. A really big powerful athletic player it'll be interesting to see if Munster see his future in the back row or as a centre. Personally I dont think he has the pace to play in the centre but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciunas View Post
          Hes actually from Cork, Mallow I think, but went to school in Clongowes and has stayed in Dublin since. A really big powerful athletic player it'll be interesting to see if Munster see his future in the back row or as a centre. Personally I dont think he has the pace to play in the centre but time will tell.
          Family is from Cork but I believe he considers himself from Dublin. Raheny I believe.
          Heavy background in cricket with Clontarf.

Comment

With Dougall and Butler off theres room for another BR.
            clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
              With Dougall and Butler off theres room for another BR.
              JOD/Buckley can benefit from the gametime afforded to them by Butler leaving, who covers at 7?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                JOD/Buckley can benefit from the gametime afforded to them by Butler leaving, who covers at 7?
                TOD,Dougall,Butler ?
                clowns

Comment

Family is from Cork but I believe he considers himself from Dublin. Raheny I believe.
                  Heavy background in cricket with Clontarf.

Mulcahy insurances ‏@Mulcahyins Feb 13 Congrats Jordan coghlan from all at Mulcahy Insurances ltd Great to see a Macroom man playing for Munster .... http://fb.me/4dCNlaSnm

Comment

He'll need to be re-langered over the summer.
                    clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                      He'll need to be re-langered over the summer.
                      Can a man who plays crickets be a langer?
                      also is it too late?

Click image for larger version

Name:	10561786_10202082737100106_8466446363060276870_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2485024

Comment

also is it too late?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11167[/ATTACH]
                        Imagine the angry man in this get up..the mind boggles

Comment

He was a very good U20 player in fairness to him. I was surprised Leinster tried to convert him to centre and I hope we're signing him as a backrow - ideally as an alternative 7 to TOD. With CJ, JOD (who's turning into SOME player), DOC2, POM and Copeland, we're well stocked at 6/8.

Comment

also is it too late?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11167[/ATTACH]
                            Is that glitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                              He was a very good U20 player in fairness to him. I was surprised Leinster tried to convert him to centre and I hope we're signing him as a backrow
                              We'd backrow prospects coming out our arse at the time and there was already a queue of front line players that could be around for another 8 years so it made sense to try him out at 12 where we hadn't anyone with the same size and handling ability. It didn't work though so back to the flankers he went!
                              The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Working...
                              X