Official Opening of Independent Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Opening of Independent Park

Why must there always be a "Minister" to open a new project?
    How many Munster matches has Coveney attended? Does he know what a rugby ball looks like - is his background not sailing or something.
    There should only be one person to do the Opening and have their name on some stone plaque to commemorate the Opening - ROG

As a past pupil of Clongowes I'm sure he has a good idea of what a rugby ball looks like. I believe he played a bit in Crosshaven, T78 might be able to back that one up. He comes from a family with strong rugby links. His brothers Pat and Rory were fine rugby players for UCC. Rory played for Ireland schools and I think Pat lined out for Oxford in the colours game.

Comment

Originally posted by wrangy View Post
      As a past pupil of Clongowes I'm sure he has a good idea of what a rugby ball looks like. I believe he played a bit in Crosshaven, T78 might be able to back that one up. He comes from a family with strong rugby links. His brothers Pat and Rory were fine rugby players for UCC. Rory played for Ireland schools and I think Pat lined out for Oxford in the colours game.
      STOP assaulting us with facts ! Dusty doesn't want to hear tings like dat.

Coveney is a keen supporter of Munster Rugby, including the rest of his family (iirc 2 of them at least, are members of the MRSC).

Comment

Played against him a few times when he lined out for Crosshaven, good player . A rugby family for sure

Comment

Originally posted by paulmc View Post
          Played against him a few times when he lined out for Crosshaven, good player . A rugby family for sure
          Used fly back from Brussels. Good front jumper, in particular. Has also played on the Oireachtas team against other parliaments.

The twins were Minors in good standing, too.
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

His brother-the Greencore Coveney is also Chair of the Munster Financial Committee or whatever the formal name of it is.
            "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

He was a season ticket holder for Munster purchased via Crosshaven once upon a time. I used to sit near him.

Comment

Is this the Life of Brian thread???
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Major TNT will be on soon to complain about it being an FG love in
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Opening thread post . . .epic fail on the old facts.

Comment

Is it too late to get Strings back to cut the ribbon? He's still very popular, and it'd be a chance to say goodbye.
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                        His brother-the Greencore Coveney is also Chair of the Munster Financial Committee or whatever the formal name of it is.
                        And organised the sponsoring of the Academy.

Comment

A great bunch of lads.
                          I'm everything they say I am
                          I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                            Is it too late to get Strings back to cut the ribbon? He's still very popular, and it'd be a chance to say goodbye.
                            No chance, Stringer9's court order expired before Christmas.
                            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Nice team photo, taken at Cardiff game, in the Irish Indo today (Munster* Edition).

*Voucher for Llama Barbers in the Leinster edition
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X