Damien Varley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damien Varley

Munster and Ireland hooker Damien Varley has today confirmed that he is to retire from rugby due to injury.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20026.php#.VONR9C47yVa

many thanks Damien and best of luck in the future...perhaps we'll hear you back singing before matches!

Sad news. Great warrior. Wish him well. I understand he is well set up for post pro sports life. Extremely smart lad.

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
      Sure is and quite a good one too. This is him in NZ at the last world cup.

Gutted to hear of Varls' retirement. He was one of the good guys and a fine player who got better as he got older. A big loss to Munster. May he go on to greater things.

No Ordinary Man.
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

That's a shame. All the best to him in the future.
        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

All the best to him. Top class on the floor, was like having an extra backrow on the field..

Comment

Best of luck in the future Damien. Thanks for the memories.
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Real shame - didn't realise the foot injury was so long ago. All the best to him for the future.

Comment

A real blow. Best of luck to him in the future off the pitch.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

All the best to him in the future.

Comment

We all more or less knew it was coming but its still a disaster to hear it officially.

All the best to him in the future.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. To say we could use a player of his abilities at the moment is an understatement. All the best with the next stage of your life Varls.
                      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Our best hooker IMO. His breakdown and scrummaging work is unrivalled from the others as well as his leadership. A big loss but then we're used to those these days.

Comment

Sad news.

Best of luck to him in whatever he does next.
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

The guy played a big role in ensuring Munster stayed strong during the time of "transition" and kept relevant in Europe and showed great leadership all through. Best of luck to him at whatever he throws his hand to next.
                            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Very sad to hear that. All the best Damian for the future
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X