No announcement yet.

Francis Saili

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give a start in the A team, he's far too good for the 3rds.
    www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Great news, but looking at some of the clips on youtube, is he going to play 12 or 10?
      12 looks good, he has a good offload, a good kick, great positioning and awareness but it makes me wonder where does this leave Bleyendall? is he going to be an outhalf or is this an indicator that his injury is worse than we'd feared?

Looks a great player though, reminiscent of Mafi.
      The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
      Originally posted by joconnell
      If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
        Good signing but I don't know, I wonder why a 24 year old would want to up and leave New Zealand at such an early part of his career. Each to their own and I guess if it benefits us it doesn't matter. It's just curious.
        Probably not quite good enough to be an All Black on a consistent basis. Still a very good player and a good signing. Does beg the question where Tyler will fit in because this lad wont be on the bench.
        I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post
          Great news, but looking at some of the clips on youtube, is he going to play 12 or 10?
          12 looks good, he has a good offload, a good kick, great positioning and awareness but it makes me wonder where does this leave Bleyendall? is he going to be an outhalf or is this an indicator that his injury is worse than we'd feared?

Looks a great player though, reminiscent of Mafi.
          with JJ gone we'll need Tyler at 10 much more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
            Probably not quite good enough to be an All Black on a consistent basis. Still a very good player and a good signing. Does beg the question where Tyler will fit in because this lad wont be on the bench.
            Great Signing. Will bring a lot of creativity to our midfield. Tyler is an out and out 10 I don't understand this talk of him playing 12. He is a ROG type 10 with strong tactical kicking game, reads game extremely well and seems to be a v good distributor. I have watched him a lot and he doesn't have physical presence and attacking threat to be a 12. I cant find any team sheets of him starting 12. I just think Keatley is too hit and miss in games for me. He does everything to an average standard and cant get the best out of the backs outside him. He has his days to be fair to him but I think if Tyler gets a few games under his belt he will be a much better option for us at 10 with Saili at 12 and Keith at 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipplad View Post
              Great Signing. Will bring a lot of creativity to our midfield. Tyler is an out and out 10 I don't understand this talk of him playing 12. He is a ROG type 10 with strong tactical kicking game, reads game extremely well and seems to be a v good distributor. I have watched him a lot and he doesn't have physical presence and attacking threat to be a 12. I cant find any team sheets of him starting 12. I just think Keatley is too hit and miss in games for me. He does everything to an average standard and cant get the best out of the backs outside him. He has his days to be fair to him but I think if Tyler gets a few games under his belt he will be a much better option for us at 10 with Saili at 12 and Keith at 13.
              I don't see that happening I have to say with Keatley for the simple reason that Nucifora is far more proactive in ensuring Irish qualified players are occupying the key positions on the provincial teams. Keatley will probably go to the WC so you'll need a 10 to cover for it's absence next season.
              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Welcome Francis!
                I am the million man.

Comment

I for one welcome our new Saili overlord:-D
                  "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Sailivating already

Comment

Our best signing in a very long time, very happy with that.

You'd hope the brains trust have a plan as what our set up is next year with everyone fit and available. Is Earls 13 or wing and is Tyler our 12 are the main things to nail down, everything else will come from that.

A high quality signing in the forwards and I think we're set up very well for next season.
                      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                        Good signing but I don't know, I wonder why a 24 year old would want to up and leave New Zealand at such an early part of his career. Each to their own and I guess if it benefits us it doesn't matter. It's just curious.
                        You really do try incredibly hard to find the negative in everything don't you?

Comment

Was told he wasn't in contention for World Cup squad so decided to move on. Their loss is our gain

Welcome to Munster!
                          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people

Comment

Looks the real deal with power, pace and a decent kicking game. Only concern is if we run into the Casey Laulala problem of having an intelligent, quick thinking centre and nobody else in the midfield on his wavelength, how we use him and who we play him with will be key.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                              Ya I don't know. Unless Tyler starts at 10. I think we all know at this stage that Keatley isn't the way forward in Europe.
                              I can't imagine these lads were cheap. We're probably paying these guys a fair bit to come across the world, so might as well get use of it.
                              Last edited by Stringer9; 6th-April-2015, 12:53.
                              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Plays outhalf aswell
                                Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X