Francis Saili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drick View Post
    it not an ongoing shoulder issue. he had elective surgery on the shoulder, while out with the Knee.
    The shoulder surgery didn't work, & he had to get it redone, & I think he is due back sometime in April.
    That's what's called an ongoing shoulder issue Drick. He's had 3 ops on it btw.
    Last edited by Miguel Sanchez; 24th-February-2015, 17:01.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Is this deal dead in the water. Anyone now anything about it?

Comment

Originally posted by sepico View Post
        Is this deal dead in the water. Anyone now anything about it?
        Maybe that ship has Saili'd

Bumbum
        I am the million man.

Comment

well that's rightly messam'd up my day

Comment

Didn't anyone say in another thread that we signed some deals but were keeping quiet. Have to say Glasgow/Edinburgh, Connacht & Ulster sign quality players and we? Bj is confirmed till newyear....

Comment

Just wait and see Mrbl
              I am the million man.

Comment

Waiting for Godot cowboy?

Comment

Officially signed! http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20326.php#.VSJm6dzF_TQ

Comment

6 April 2015 11:52am

Francis Saili in action for the Blues
                    Anthony Au-Yeung /photosport.co.nz

Munster Rugby can today confirm the signing of Blues centre Francis Saili on a two-year contract.

The 24 year-old has made 33 Super Rugby appearances for the Blues, scoring five tries, and represented Auckland in the ITM Cup on 31 occasions.

Saili made his debut for the All Blacks against Argentina in September 2013 at Hamilton, and was part of the New Zealand Under 20 team that won the Junior World Championship in Italy in 2011. Last November the Auckland native also featured for the Barbarians, scoring a try against Australia in Twickenham.

Commenting on the move Francis Saili said, "I believe this is a fantastic opportunity for me and I am fortunate to move to a club held in such high regard, with values and traditions I can relate to from my time here in the Blues. This experience will stand to me as a player and I believe I can continue to improve and grow within the Munster set-up. As difficult as it is to leave the Blues I look forward to the exciting challenge ahead."

On confirming the signing Head Coach Anthony Foley said, "We are really pleased that Francis has committed his future to the province. He is a talented centre with an impressive skill-set and he possesses the physical attributes to excel in the Northern Hemisphere . I believe he will be a great addition to our backline and we look forward to welcoming him to Munster."

Currently involved with the Blues, Saili will join the province later this this year on completion of his 2015 contractual commitments.

Name: Francis Saili
                    Position: Centre
                    Height: 1.8m
                    Weight: 94kg
                    Born: Auckland
                    D.O.B: 16/02/91

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people

Comment

excellent signing

Comment

Delighted. If Tyler can get back to full fitness, then we have a serious amount of talent to work with in back line next season. Does anyone know at what stage francis will be able to join us? Hopefully he will be available for start of ERC.

Comment

Delighted with the news, more so after hearing the Creevy one fell through.

Comment

Promising news, good signing.

Comment

Good signing but I don't know, I wonder why a 24 year old would want to up and leave New Zealand at such an early part of his career. Each to their own and I guess if it benefits us it doesn't matter. It's just curious.
                              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Delighted at the news
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X