Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Saili

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Francis Saili

    would be reall good for munster if they can get him. some player

    (just seen it in irish times or ind, also Arg hooker might be on the way)

    #2
    Yep looks like a seriously talented player - and only 23. Check him out v Melbourne Rebels on You Tube. And played very well for the Ba Ba's v Australia last year too. Bit cheeky as well - see his conversion for BaaBaa's v Leicester....!

    Comment


      #3
      Think I won't believe it until they're signed is my policy from now on! Creevy would certainly be a good signing. We could do with some big Argentinian front row players at Munster
      Con Artist

      Comment


        #4
        Surprised there is less chatter on here re Saili. Looks more of what Munster needed over Horne anyway.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by rua13 View Post
          Surprised there is less chatter on here re Saili. Looks more of what Munster needed over Horne anyway.
          We've been burned so often that I wouldn't get too excited about it until he signs on the dotted line followed by the obligatory career-threatening injury.
          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

          Comment


            #6
            I agree with Valencia because there is a great challenge NZRU will have to face too in the future: Letting players out of contract like Ali Williams, Mils Muliaina, Ma'a Nonu, Conrad Smith, Dan Carter or even Ritchie McCaw go abroad after all they did and what they will do in the next WC is a thing. But letting go young talented potential ABs like Rodney ah You, Gareth Anscombe, Bundee Aki, more surprinsingly ex-U20 captains Jake Heenan and Tyler Bleyendaal is something else: If they open this door wider, even if their reservoir seems to be endless because of the cultural and educational place this game takes in their society, it won't be without any consequence for them. And be sure that the ultracapitalistic rapaces this game has and will have in the future won't content themselves with one or two players in their clubs like the limited NIQ rule allows it, but they will plunder the SH organizing transfer channels to Europe (Look at what happens with Fidjians in France for exemple). After all, some would say, “this is globalisation, and so far rugby is now a professionnal sport, it has to be considered like any other economical domain”. But considering what football became in the last 30 years, and how fast the rugby develops and follows the same ways, the Unions will have some brainstorming.
            Ok, there is no place in the AB squad for all the young U-20 or good Super14/15/soon-16 players, and some, not to say most, of them will have the possibility to find their way and make career abroad. But Francis Saili is only 24, was already capped as AB, and produced very good performances in the Super15. Who did know where he is considering in the list of players who can follow Conrad Smith and Ma’a Nonu who will leave, behind Ryan Crotty (26 years old in September), Malakai Fekitoa(23 yo next May) or eventually Ben Smith (29 yo in June) who can succeed in playing everywhere. So, not sure the NZRU won’t make an effort to hold him back home.
            I agree on one point: The french euros and english pound siphon SH stars off. The chance of the irish, welsh and maybe Scottish rugby too, concern eventual talented players who come under the englo-french radars, and who feel, right or wrong, that they have no high level future in their country. But because of the agents who call the shots in the professional sports, the Unions will have to defend themselves, they will have to shut the doors to protect their future good players, and that’s why I am more confident that Munster will fish a player like Agustin Creevy than a young lad like Francis Saili. This said, I would really be pleased if he would sign in Limerok or Circk, anyway in Munster. Would be a great add… If we find a talented and competent back coach too, or at least someone who can allow the Munster backs to express the possibilities they have and they hide imho.
            "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

            Comment


              #7
              Well stated Sir Allezdax.
              Gwan Joe!!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                I agree with Valencia because there is a great challenge NZRU will have to face too in the future: Letting players out of contract like Ali Williams, Mils Muliaina, Ma'a Nonu, Conrad Smith, Dan Carter or even Ritchie McCaw go abroad after all they did and what they will do in the next WC is a thing. But letting go young talented potential ABs like Rodney ah You, Gareth Anscombe, Bundee Aki, more surprinsingly ex-U20 captains Jake Heenan and Tyler Bleyendaal is something else: If they open this door wider, even if their reservoir seems to be endless because of the cultural and educational place this game takes in their society, it won't be without any consequence for them. And be sure that the ultracapitalistic rapaces this game has and will have in the future won't content themselves with one or two players in their clubs like the limited NIQ rule allows it, but they will plunder the SH organizing transfer channels to Europe (Look at what happens with Fidjians in France for exemple). After all, some would say, “this is globalisation, and so far rugby is now a professionnal sport, it has to be considered like any other economical domain”. But considering what football became in the last 30 years, and how fast the rugby develops and follows the same ways, the Unions will have some brainstorming.
                Ok, there is no place in the AB squad for all the young U-20 or good Super14/15/soon-16 players, and some, not to say most, of them will have the possibility to find their way and make career abroad. But Francis Saili is only 24, was already capped as AB, and produced very good performances in the Super15. Who did know where he is considering in the list of players who can follow Conrad Smith and Ma’a Nonu who will leave, behind Ryan Crotty (26 years old in September), Malakai Fekitoa(23 yo next May) or eventually Ben Smith (29 yo in June) who can succeed in playing everywhere. So, not sure the NZRU won’t make an effort to hold him back home.
                I agree on one point: The french euros and english pound siphon SH stars off. The chance of the irish, welsh and maybe Scottish rugby too, concern eventual talented players who come under the englo-french radars, and who feel, right or wrong, that they have no high level future in their country. But because of the agents who call the shots in the professional sports, the Unions will have to defend themselves, they will have to shut the doors to protect their future good players, and that’s why I am more confident that Munster will fish a player like Agustin Creevy than a young lad like Francis Saili. This said, I would really be pleased if he would sign in Limerok or Circk, anyway in Munster. Would be a great add… If we find a talented and competent back coach too, or at least someone who can allow the Munster backs to express the possibilities they have and they hide imho.
                rodney ah you- potential AB- hilarious, cannot take this post seriously after this comment

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ok, you're right, better have written "young players and potential future AB's". Sorry, my english is by far not perfect.
                  But I am not sure that the NZRU take players in the U-20 team without having an eye on the future. And Rodney Ah You WAS capped in U-19 and U-20 teams. So, for me, like all the underage players, a "potential" future international player. After that, should the player succeed or not, that's something else.
                  But you're naturally absolute free not to share my point of view, no problem for me.
                  "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    So far sportsjoe.ie, the indo and the echo have ran with this story, hardly reliable sources..

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by rua13 View Post
                      So far sportsjoe.ie, the indo and the echo have ran with this story, hardly reliable sources..
                      Yeah I haven't seen head or tale of it anywhere else.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by TomsOnTheRoof View Post
                        Yeah I haven't seen head or tale of it anywhere else.
                        Evening echo also had it

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                          Evening echo also had it
                          Originally posted by rua13 View Post
                          So far sportsjoe.ie, the indo and the echo have ran with this story, hardly reliable sources..
                          ...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Cian Tracey had it for the indo, I would tend to believe there is a bit of truth in it from Cian.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Is this move definitely off the cards now?
                              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X