Moseley v Munster A Billesley Common Sat 13 Dec - KO 2.00pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moseley v Munster A Billesley Common Sat 13 Dec - KO 2.00pm

Surprised not to see a thread for this yet.

A bonus point win guarantees a QF spot I believe.

I can't find a squad named anywhere.

Are there any looseheads in the province available to play?!?!

Liam O'Connor, sub academy LH, munster u20 came off the bench last weekend so he might get a chance?

Comment

Its seems we are down to the ail props to start and cover, Tim ryan has got a recall

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/19627.php#.VIrdWyusWoM

Comment

Munster A: Ronan O'Mahony, Greg O'Shea, David Johnston, Ned Hodson, Darren Sweetnam; Rory Scannell, Neil Cronin; Liam O'Connor, Niall Scannell, Ger Sweeney; Dave O'Callaghan, Shane Buckley; Sean Dougall, Ryan Murphy, Jack O'Donoghue - capt.

Replacements: Max Abbott, Conor Glynn, Tim Ryan, Lee Nicholas, John Quill, Jack Cullen, Gearoid Lyons

Comment

Five Pools, the Five Pool winners and the three highest second placed teams go through.

At the moment Leeds, or Yorkshire Carnegie as they call themselves are the leading second placed team with 19 points. Pontypridd are next on 15 with Munster and Cornish Pirates next on 14 Points each ( Pirates have won only 2 from 5 but they have 6 Bonus Points!!) Camarthen Quins are next on 12 points.

the only tie-breaking information I can get is from the wikipedia article on the 2012-3 competition:
          "Teams are ranked by
          1. Competition Points (4 for a win, 2 for a draw, etc)
          2. where Competition Points are equal, greatest number of wins
          3. where these are equal, aggregate points difference
          4. where these are equal, greatest number of points scored"

So what Garyowen says above would appear to be right. Munster have three wins to the Pirates's two.

A fiver will do.

Interestingly if things are done the same way as last year, the qualifiers will be ranked as stated above irrespective of where they finish in their Pool. It will be possible for a second placed team to be a higher seed than a pool winner.
          EDIT The top four seeds will go into one pot with the other four in another pot and an open draw will result.

If Yorkshire Carnegie beat Rotherham by ten points or more, and get a try bonus, they will win the Pool on Points difference on 24 points. In that case, Rotherham will be second on 24 Points and they could be ahead of Leinster A if they fail to get a bonus v Plymouth.

By the way, does anyone know why this game and the Connacht A game have been postponed? All the other games are listed for 2:00 pm tomorrow.

FURTHER EDIT Both the Connacht A and Leinster A games kick off at 2:00
          Last edited by Piquet; 12th-December-2014, 20:23.

Comment

I take it that this is Axel ushering Dougall out the door starting him at 6 unless something strange has happened at training because I have never seen him start anywhere but 7 and I think that's what his game is . Foley must really want rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              Five Pools, the Five Pool winners and the three highest second placed teams go through.

At the moment Leeds, or Yorkshire Carnegie as they call themselves are the leading second placed team with 19 points. Pontypridd are next on 15 with Munster and Cornish Pirates next on 14 Points each ( Pirates have won only 2 from 5 but they have 6 Bonus Points!!) Camarthen Quins are next on 12 points.

the only tie-breaking information I can get is from the wikipedia article on the 2012-3 competition:
              "Teams are ranked by
              1. Competition Points (4 for a win, 2 for a draw, etc)
              2. where Competition Points are equal, greatest number of wins
              3. where these are equal, aggregate points difference
              4. where these are equal, greatest number of points scored"

So what Garyowen says above would appear to be right. Munster have three wins to the Pirates's two.

A fiver will do.

Interestingly if things are done the same way as last year, the qualifiers will be ranked as stated above irrespective of where they finish in their Pool. It will be possible for a second placed team to be a higher seed than a pool winner.
              EDIT The top four seeds will go into one pot with the other four in another pot and an open draw will result.

If Yorkshire Carnegie beat Rotherham by ten points or more, and get a try bonus, they will win the Pool on Points difference on 24 points. In that case, Rotherham will be second on 24 Points and they could be ahead of Leinster A if they fail to get a bonus v Plymouth.

By the way, does anyone know why this game and the Connacht A game have been postponed? All the other games are listed for 2:00 pm tomorrow.
              Leinster game is at 2pm in Donnybrook tomorrow. Was originally scheduled for a different ko time which may be the source of the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                Leinster game is at 2pm in Donnybrook tomorrow. Was originally scheduled for a different ko time which may be the source of the confusion.
                Serves me right for believing the BBC Site without checking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The voice of the beard View Post
                  I take it that this is Axel ushering Dougall out the door starting him at 6 unless something strange has happened at training because I have never seen him start anywhere but 7 and I think that's what his game is . Foley must really want rid of him.
                  He's at 7 according to this pic from the Munster site:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	MunAvMoseley.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	2484595
                  Darren Sweetnam try soon after KO - 0-7 to Munster A (from https://twitter.com/munsterrugby)

Comment

6-7 after 20 minutes.

Comment

Cheers. Thanks for the update

Comment

Penalty try to Moseley - 13-7.

Munster's Twitter feed isn't of the standard it was during previous matches unfortunately:

"Munster Rugby @Munsterrugby · 1m 1 minute ago
                        Sustained pressure from Moseley sees them awarded a Penalty Try and take the lead: 13-7 #BICup"

Comment

Munster Rugby @Munsterrugby · 1m 1 minute ago
                          MunA quick to respond and reduce the deficit with a Rory Scannell penalty - now trail Moseley 13-10 #BICup

Comment

Munster Rugby @Munsterrugby · 5m 5 minutes ago
                            All square - another 3 pointer for MunA makes it 13-13 v Moseley #BICup

Comment

13-13 at half time.

Comment

Working...
                              X