Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JJ to Northampton - Confirmed

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...2031807?page=2

..whereas it is understood that Northampton have offered him a basic salary in the region of £150,000 (€190,000) – which would most probably dwarf any improved offer Munster might make the player.

Munster sources maintain “the deal is not done yet”, although there is an acknowledgement that Hanrahan is both frustrated with his lack of progress at Munster and has had his head turned by Northampton, which also fuels the rumour that Stephen Mylermay be moving on at the end of the season. In any event, the prospect of Hanrahan moving to Northampton looks probable.

Maybe that's why he never left the bench last weekend
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      Maybe that's why he never left the bench last weekend
      maybe he is leaving because he never left the bench?

straw that broke the camels back perhaps.

Comment

Tis all the one, can't have helped the situation anyway either way.

Puts paid to caps if he goes though I would have thought? Would be disappointed to see him leave. Is his agent the same as Sexton-Heaslip-Sob?
        I am the million man.

Comment

is this the result of playing Hurley at 12 over him? At least he would be starting games then.

losing JJ would be a straight up mess for Munster rugby.

Comment

There will be murder if he leaves. Penny thought JJ was good enough to play but Axel doesn't?
            On the basis of this questions have to be asked about Foleys man management skills.
            Something doesn't seem right.

Or maybe JJ has a fantastic agent.
            Last edited by masterchief; 10th-December-2014, 06:01.
            "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

really p...ed over this (JJ is a class act)
              just gets worse at munster now

Comment

JJ loves Munster so might stay.
                Also, he has good time for Walsh so I hear.
                He was overlooked by Foley and Cossis for some while now and received no proper skill's coaching under Cossie.
                Does it take this before our coaches take notice.
                It is sad really with our small pool of players.
                Hope he stay's !

Comment

JJ has an offer of €190k a year. Gopperth rumoured to have been offered €300K by Wasps. They're will will be no players left in Ireland if the Nigel's & Pierre's have their way.

Munster are bigger than any one player but considering our distinctly average scenario at Out half the ****s gonna hit the fan should JJ leave
                  Con Artist

Comment

Now there's a Headline that you don't wanna wake up to!!
                    Con Artist

Comment

FFS !!!! , i nearly spat out my toast !! all we are short now is for Bj to head for the hills too ! , To be honest though cant blame him !!

Comment

Got a text from a friend at 7.30 about it.
                        This is going to exercise the minds of many today & not in a good way.

You'd say something if Keats was in flying form but he's been only average. Yes JJs not the finished article but he never will be without gametime
                        Con Artist

Comment

I wouldn't blame him one bit if he left tbh but I'd be seriously disappointed.... especially if he goes to that shower.

Comment

Agreed that he's not the finished article but a youngfella like him with his credentials in the world cup etc would have been fasttracked in Australia over here we leave him on the bench , if he came on against ASM for the last 20 he would have grubbered or chipped the defence could have made all the difference , even if Keats was moved to 12 ....

Comment

Is this what we have become? Letting our best and brightest leave because we cant be arsed to trust them, back them and invest in them? JJ has something that no one else in our squad has. Star quality. I don’t mean fake star quality like our rap star Zebo, I mean real unquantifiable star quality. He has it all and he is still a kid. If we let him go we will never get him back. If he goes to the English Prem it might stifle his attacking progress and wear him out. Munster is the place for this man to grow of that I have no doubt. He is one of ours. Keep him, build a team around him and watch him blossom. Im too depressed at the thought of him leaving to get angry.

Comment

Working...
                              X