The day after

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The day after

The day after. Still so sad despite the dazzling sun in a nearly cloudless blue sky. The wind that blows from northwest is cold. As is cold the feeling of the defeat. We nearly all think the same about the game of yesterday. We lost again a stronger team even if we keep the feeling that the Munster way of playing was on the “wrong” side. We were out powered by a team that looked bigger, best organized, more aggressive, ruthless in the loose and in defense. All these qualities that made Munster what they were and still are when the players do not forget them.
    Clermont were outstanding in nearly all the domains. They cooked us in a covered pot as we did so many times. And we could not find any solution. Worse, we butchered the rare occasions in their 22, we refused the game, and gave them the stick to beat us with, especially with awful kicking. With 10 points less at the break, instead of grabbing them by the throat, we kicked, kicked, kicked again, and most of all bad. We were unable to reverse the pressure and the trend. So we lost. We lost, ok, but we lost because they were better yesterday.
    And that’s where I wish to come: Don’t give up, don’t lose the faith, and believe. All in your genes wear the traces of passed defeats, of strokes of bad luck. But since Brian Boru, the adversity made Munster. Rugby is by far not a war, fortunately. But it still is a fight. And the team is the emblem of the region, of people there, of their fighting mentality. “Stand up and fight” is their motto. Defeat is never a shame again a strong opponent, when we have the feeling we gave all. The guys are probably bruised and hurt today. But let’s trust them a reaction next week. Munster people won the respect of the nearly whole rugby community around the world. The Clermont Yellow Army chose their name in reference to the Red Army. The team still has a giant reputation and scares the opponents.
    Pride, fellows, pride! Today, I still feel sad. But for God’ sake, never will sadness be beyond the pride I have to go with you and with the team, even from here.
    Proud to be a Munsterfan, Gwan Munster!
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

You're a credit to Munster JN
    Con Artist

Comment

Well observed reflection JN.

The first Cleremont try happened right in front of where I stood in the NE terrace.
      They were really up for the win from the get go!
      We were almost stunned by the statement of intent and never responded.
      They wanted it more, and putting Barnes interpretation of offside to one side were the better team 1 to 15 on the night.
      Simple as that!
      Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

I looked at it again, tactical kicking wasnt up to par , and the silly errors that we normally dont make !!, Our lineout was actually better than i thought ....

The question that Im asking myself though is , Should JJ be given a go next week ?

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post
          I looked at it again, tactical kicking wasnt up to par , and the silly errors that we normally dont make !!, Our lineout was actually better than i thought ....

The question that Im asking myself though is , Should JJ be given a go next week ?
          Yes he definitely should. But he won't be.

Comment

It hurts alright but we weren't beaten by a poor side. Which makes it an easier thing to take. They team was scarey the bench was scarey. The fans, so few, made noise to beat a stadium! It's great to hear them..even though it hurts.
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Gutted, we caved in, beaten by a team who wanted it more, think the six wins on the trot took away some of the hunger.
              if Lee is cited and found guilty for his go at POM it will be a big blow to CA, team needs to sort themselves out this week and head to France hungry, mean and hurting, and muller the hell out of them next week.
              Win in France and we are nearly there, but trust Munster to alway make it hard on themselves, that's when our true grit shines through.
              psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

On a lighter note, I smiled when I saw the sign on the way in to Limerick that said 'Welcome Claremont to Limerick City of Culture 2014'
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

My overriding thought after yesterday has been about how we could have done with Wally out there.

I hope the cloning program reaps rewards soon.

Comment

Originally posted by treatycity1 View Post
                    Gutted, we caved in, beaten by a team who wanted it more, think the six wins on the trot took away some of the hunger.
                    if Lee is cited and found guilty for his go at POM it will be a big blow to CA, team needs to sort themselves out this week and head to France hungry, mean and hurting, and muller the hell out of them next week.
                    Win in France and we are nearly there, but trust Munster to alway make it hard on themselves, that's when our true grit shines through.
                    Any video/update on this?
                    "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

If it wasn't shown on TV will the citing commissionaire even be aware of it.
                      Con Artist

Comment

Yes. B-rolls.
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post

At the very least he should be used after 50 mins as an impact sub for Hurley. This would really help Munster's attack variety and give them more legs and football later in the game, rarely bad things to add at that stage!

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

A lot of talk is of bringing JJ on at 12, but I seem to recall that the one time he was brought in at 10 with Keatley moving to 12 it was quite successful (was it against Connacht last season? can't remember) and Keatley spoke afterwards of how much he enjoyed the experience. Must admit I thought I'd see that used again but as far as I can remember it hasn't been repeated.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I think JJ 10 and Keatley 12 is the better mix myself. Is it worth the punt though? If we lose on Sunday that is it for the European season because a second place team isn't getting out of this group. But lose one of JJ or Keatley and the whole season could be over. I would start JJ and Keatley on Sunday with Copeland in for CJ to try and run the legs off them. This would work well with Nig reffing as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X