15. Stephen Fitzgerald
    16. Max Abbott
    17. Niall Horan
    18. ?????
    19. ?????
    20. Jack Cullen
    21. Greg O'Shea
    22. Alex Wootton
    Last edited by Bayern; 27th-November-2014, 14:40.

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
    Possible team?

1. Alan Cotter
    2. Niall Scannell
    3. Rory Burke
    4. Sean McCarthy
    5. Dave O'Callaghan
    6. Shane Buckley
    7. Ryan Murphy
    8. Jack O'Donoghue
    9. Jamie Glynn
    10. Johnny Holland
    11. Luke O'Dea
    12. Rory Scannell
    13. Dan Goggin
    14. Darren Sweetnam
    15. Stephen Fitzgerald
    16. Max Abbott
    17. Niall Horan
    18. ?????
    19. ?????
    20. Jack Cullen
    21. Greg O'Shea
    22. Alex Wootton
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Wooton get a start he has been scoring a lot of tries recently for Garryowen.

Comment

Any word on Madigan's fitness? Be interesting to see if Buckley is kept at lock ahead of DOC2.

Comment

Possible team?

1. Alan Cotter
        2. Niall Scannell
        3. Rory Burke
        4. Sean McCarthy
        5. Dave O'Callaghan
        6. Shane Buckley
        7. Ryan Murphy
        8. Jack O'Donoghue
        9. Jamie Glynn
        10. Johnny Holland
        11. Luke O'Dea
        12. Rory Scannell
        13. Dan Goggin
        14. Darren Sweetnam
        15. Stephen Fitzgerald
        16. Max Abbott
        17. Niall Horan
        18. ?????
        19. ?????
        20. Jack Cullen
        21. Greg O'Shea
        22. Alex Wootton
        I don't think that'll be far off but I can see Johne Murphy, Dineen and Martin Kelly being involved.
        Another operation for Madigan I believe.
        \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

MunAvNottingham: JMurphy,Sweetnam,Dineen,RScannell,ODea;JHolland, JGlynn;Cotter,NScannel,Kelly;Buckley,McCarthy,Dave OC,RMurph,JO’D(c) #BICup

Comment

Replacements: Andrew O’Driscoll, Christy Condon, Lee Nicholas, Joe McSwiney, Gerry Hurley, Greg O’Shea, Dan Goggin #BICup

Comment

MRSC members get in free with their Membership Card.

Comment

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/19507.php

Munster A Head Coach Mick O'Driscoll has named his side to face Nottingham in Round 4 of the British & Irish Cup tomorrow afternoon at Temple Hill - KO 3pm.

O'Driscoll's 22 man squad features a strong mix of senior, academy and club talent.

An all senior front row sees loosehead Alan Cotter and hooker Niall Scannell start alongside tightheadMartin Kelly who makes his first appearance for the province after successfully rehabbing a calf injury. Kelly began a one year development contract in July and has featured for Young Munster in the Ulster Bank League in recent weeks.

Shane Buckley makes the switch from blindside to second row this weekend and will partner year two academy player Sean McCarthy who makes his fourth consecutive B&I start.

Having featured in Munster's PRO12 win away to Newport Gwent Dragons last weekend, Dave O'Callaghanwill start at 6 with academy representatives Ryan Murphy and captain Jack O'Donoghue completing the back row at 7 and 8 respectively.

In the half backs, year one academy scrum half Jamie Glynn is set to make his first B&I Cup start withJohnny Holland continuing at 10.

Academy centre Rory Scannell - Munster A's leading points scorer in the competition (25) - starts at inside centre, while in the outside channel, Ivan Dineen makes his first appearance of the 2014/15 B&I Cup having already featured for Munster in four PRO12 clashes to date this season.

Luke O'Dea takes charge of the left wing with the academy's Darren Sweetnam another to make his first appearance of the 2014/15 B&I Cup as he comes in on the right wing, while Johne Murphy completes the back three at full back.

Impressive performances at club level has seen the likes of Andrew O'Driscoll (Cork Con), Christy Condon(Midleton), Lee Nicholas (Shannon), Joe McSwiney (Lansdowne) and Gerry Hurley (Cork Con) named amongst the replacements alongside academy backs Greg O'Shea and Dan Goggin.

Tickets are just €10 and can be purchased online here, while entry is FREE for all MRSC members and Ten Year Ticket holders (on production of your membership card or ticket book).

Munster A: Johne Murphy, Darren Sweetnam, Ivan Dineen, Rory Scannell, Luke O'Dea; Johnny Holland, Jamie Glynn; Alan Cotter, Niall Scannell, Martin Kelly; Shane Buckley, Sean McCarthy, Dave O'Callaghan, Ryan Murphy, Jack O'Donoghue - capt

Replacements: Andrew O'Driscoll, Christy Condon, Lee Nicholas, Joe McSwiney, Gerry Hurley, Greg O'Shea, Dan Goggin

Munster A v Nottingham, Temple Hill on Saturday November 29th - KO 3pm.

Player Update:

Conor Murray completed the Head Injury Assessment process on Monday showing signs of delayed concussion and is following return-to- play protocols.

oh bollix.

Comment

What do you learn from Johnn Murphy and Ivan Dineen starting in this game?

Buckley at lock over DOCII?

Comment

Not surprised at all that Buckley is kept at lock, for all the talk of DOC2 playing at lock has he played there at all since Ireland U20...? If he's played any senior or A games there for Munster then I can't remember it.

Is Rory Burke fit? If so then wheeling Condon out for a bench spot is an odd decision.

Bit worrying about Murray, but let there be absolutely no rush in getting him back playing.

Comment

I would have thought it was obvious - the younger players will benefit from their experience & both players will benefit from game time at a higher level then the AIL.

Comment

Originally posted by breakfast roll View Post
                        I would have thought it was obvious - the younger players will benefit from their experience & both players will benefit from game time at a higher level then the AIL.
                        thats a stretch, the younger players would benefit more from playing.. its a pretty old looking team for a A game.

Comment

Experience, they need game time as much as younger players,
                          Buckley has been played in the row several times this season.

Originally posted by breakfast roll View Post
                          But wouldn't the younger players benefit more from simply playing? The other provinces generally always have much younger sides than we do in the B&I cup. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post

But wouldn't the younger players benefit more from simply playing? The other provinces generally always have much younger sides than we do in the B&I cup. Why is that?
                            its a week before a European cup game it makes complete sense to play that squad. Foley to be fair has blooded a lot of young lads in other rounds which is great to see.

Comment

Disappointed not to see Alex Whooten involved. Scoring tries for fun at the moment for Garryowen.

Also feel sorry for Neil Cronin not getting a game all weekend now

Comment

Working...
                              X