Darren Sweetnam[22][Year 3]
    Alex Wootton[20][Year 2]
    Greg O'Shea[20][Year 2]
    Stephen Fitzgerald[19][Year 1]

*position ordered by oldest 1st
    ** purple = NIQ
    *** italic - contract up at the end of the season
    bold - contracted through this year
    Last edited by Bayern; 2nd-December-2014, 15:19.

Alot of 2015 end contract dates on that list which is a concern. My worry is that JJ might look for a change to see if he can make a breakthrough elsewhere. Sean Dougall might consider a change as well as seems to have falling back in the pecking order.
    Last edited by Tullig Red; 18th-November-2014, 15:17.
    \"There\'s only 1 Dougie Howlett, only 1 Dougie Howlett, drinking in bars, dancing on cars, walking in a Dougie wonderland!!!\"

Comment

JJ's contract negotiations could be 'fun' - we will be able to read about them in the papers as Fintan Dury's Platinium One is his agency (same as Sexton).

Comment

Originally posted by Tullig Red View Post
        Alot of 2015 end contract dates on that list which is a concern. My worry is that JJ might look for a change to see if he can make a breakthrough elsewhere. Sean Dougall might consider a change as well as seems to have falling back in the pecking order.
        I'd imagine Baz O Mahoney, DOC2 and Butler will be looking elsewhere too. With Jack O Donoghue on route to the very top of the game they are wasting their time IMO.
        I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Luke O'Dea is another who could be moving on, has had awful luck with injuries, he looked electric when he broke through.

Still a few months left for lads to put a marker down though
          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
            I'd imagine Baz O Mahoney, DOC2 and Butler will be looking elsewhere too. With Jack O Donoghue on route to the very top of the game they are wasting their time IMO.
            Not a chance DOC2 will be allowed go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
              Really struggling with your logic here considering Dave O'Callaghan is a 6 who can play in the row, Barry O'Mahony is an out and out 7 and Jack O'Donoghue is a natural 8. Silly post.

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post
                Really struggling with your logic here considering Dave O'Callaghan is a 6 who can play in the row, Barry O'Mahony is an out and out 7 and Jack O'Donoghue is a natural 8. Silly post.
                I'm just making the point that they aren't going to make a breakthrough at this stage in my opinion.
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post
                  DOCII certainly could leave. He is behind POM,Stander and Butler at 6, maybe Copeland too. Now if he is moved to the row that could become a factor. He needs to stay healthy for a clearer picture to be found on his future.

BOM is also very far down the pecking order, while he stay on or look to move elsehwere? hard to know really.

Butler seems to be rated by Foley, think he has played 6,7 and 8 at various stages and has versatility the others dont including JOD.
                  Last edited by Bayern; 18th-November-2014, 17:42.

Comment

scrumcap on his way id say

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                      DOCII certainly could leave. He is behind POM,Stander and Butler at 6, maybe Copeland too. Now if he is moved to the row that could become a factor. He needs to stay healthy for a clearer picture to be found on his future.

BOM is also very far down the pecking order, while he stay on or look to move elsehwere? hard to know really.

Butler seems to be rated by Foley, think he has played 6,7 and 8 at various stages and has versatility the others dont including JOD.
                      You're talking through your hoop. DOC2 has been injured for a while but before that he was comfortably ahead of Butler, and Copeland is an out and out 8, not a 6. With Stander starting at 8 at the moment, DOC2 may not even have to worry about him.

All of that said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get him focus on playing lock. He's a hell of a lot better than Holland. He and Foley could form a very good long term partnership.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                        You're talking through your hoop. DOC2 has been injured for a while but before that he was comfortably ahead of Butler, and Copeland is an out and out 8, not a 6. With Stander starting at 8 at the moment, DOC2 may not even have to worry about him.

All of that said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get him focus on playing lock. He's a hell of a lot better than Holland. He and Foley could form a very good long term partnership.
                        We shall see who starts at 6 at the weekend then. He could certainly pass Butler at the position but he would still face a fight to get much significant gametime at 6. Lock may suit him better, at this stage he just needs to avoid injury and see what happens the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                          scrumcap on his way id say
                          Why? 2nd choice SH.. with Sheridan not really pushing him and no clear alternative elsewhere unless TOL returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                            We shall see who starts at 6 at the weekend then. He could certainly pass Butler at the position but he would still face a fight to get much significant gametime at 6. Lock may suit him better, at this stage he just needs to avoid injury and see what happens the rest of the season.
                            With DOC2 only returning from long-term injury, I'd be surprised but pleased if he's selected to start on Friday. Either way though, it probably won't be a major portent for his future career or contract negotiations.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                              With DOC2 only returning from long-term injury, I'd be surprised but pleased if he's selected to start on Friday. Either way though, it probably won't be a major portent for his future career or contract negotiations.
                              hence at the moments he is behind whoever starts, he may not remain there just like any player returning from injury may move up the depth chart over time.

Comment

Working...
                              X