Doctor Paul O'Connell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Paul O'Connell

Tweet from Simon Thomas who is normally a good reliable source - is this a wind-up?

Simon Thomas ‏@simonrug

Interesting that Midi Olympique are reporting Paul O'Connell could be heading to France.
    I may live in Tigerland but I'm Munster at heart

Playing some phenomenal stuff at the minute. Would doubt it very heavily in the current context of the IRFU looking after players but I wouldn't begrudge him anything - if he got an 800,000 offer for one year after the world cup it'd be a nice top up to go out with.

How long do you think he'll play on for? No sign of any reduction in his abilities, if anything the opposite so he could quite happily go on another few years?
    The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Considering he signed a 2 year extension in January 2014, I would not be concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
        Considering he signed a 2 year extension in January 2014, I would not be concerned.
        Colossi don't turn easy.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

He would go with my blessing after the WC. Massive player for Munster and Ireland. He owes us nothing and like someone above says if he could make 800k for a years work he would deserve it. He is in good nick too and could play on for a few years yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sykes View Post
            He would go with my blessing after the WC. Massive player for Munster and Ireland. He owes us nothing and like someone above says if he could make 800k for a years work he would deserve it. He is in good nick too and could play on for a few years yet.
            He owes us plenty. We are at the core of his performances, and longevity.
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
              He owes us plenty. We are at the core of his performances, and longevity.

Very true, misdiagnosing him for two years has given him another two years on his career.

Comment

dont have the links here but the MO report linked him with Pau and with Toulouse.

Comment

Fingers crossed just wage inflation - he's well worth it. Himself and Murray are incredibly marketable players for Munster and if it's a hundred grand in the difference or similar then he'll earn it back in jersey sales.

Comment

Feckin years away. Hon Paulie we want titles in Munster and Ireland this season.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

jebus is it IRFU contract negotiation time already again. Doesn't time fly.

Now he won't be joining the Miami Dolphins as a kicker but maybe they want to look at a lineout pod for their hail mary routines.
                      \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

I'm pretty sure Paulie has talked about going to France several times in the last few years,
                        I was of the understanding he would go post World Cup to be honest but would love for him to stay
                        Hip Flasks at the ready, double for a Stringer ankle tap!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                          Very true, misdiagnosing him for two years has given him another two years on his career.
                          An IRFU matter and nothing to do with "we" in this context.
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I think this thread should be locked up.

Speculating around rumours is never a good way to proceed.

Comment

POC is way too young to move to France. Yesterday, 39.75 year old Brad Thorn captained Leicester v Saracens (for a draw).
                              37 Year old Victor Matfield played against England in Twickers and won.
                              Simon Shaw moved to Toulon when he was 36-37. He was 39 I think when he retired.

POC has just gone 35.He has another 2 or 3 years with Munster & Ireland before going down the French route.

Comment

Working...
                              X