X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIQ players for next season?

This seasons NIQ players:

BJ Botha[2015]
    CJ Stander[2016] - Project until November?
    Tyler Bleyendaal[2017] - Potential Project
    Andrew Smith[2015]
    Gerhard Van Den Heever[2015]

Do you think any of the current NIQ players thats contract is up this season will be retained or should be retained? Which positions should Munster be targeting for next season?
    Last edited by Bayern; 12th-November-2014, 19:31.

CJ is staying forever . . .

Comment

I dont think we can sign a TH can we? If we could then No 1 for me would be a TH

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
        I dont think we can sign a TH can we? If we could then No 1 for me would be a TH
        I'd say there is some wiggle room, as previously you were allowed resign Botha. Ulster also signed Herbst after Afoa, although Herbst is a project player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
          I'd say there is some wiggle room, as previously you were allowed resign Botha. Ulster also signed Herbst after Afoa, although Herbst is a project player.
          Thats what we'd need to find, a project player TH . .to get around the rules.
          Last edited by Corcíoch; 12th-November-2014, 20:18.

Comment

Scrum Half, a french one who can dictate a game and kick at goal.
            I am the million man.

Comment

last french player to play for a province?

I wonder if TOL will be looked at as a backup to Murray? Hard to know.

Comment

Brugnaut- prop that played for us.
                \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

TOL will defo come back and he'll be welcomed!

Comment

1) An experienced, high-quality scrum-half who'll be available when Murray is away with the national side. Williams has done well so far this season, but his form is far from guaranteed, and Sheridan isn't currently pushing him. I don't want to sound harsh, but I don't think either will ever be good enough, consistently enough, to match what should be Munster's ambitions. The scrum-half could be TOL or could be an experienced NIQ who's available post-WC. If the latter, Van Den Heever would probably be the one to go, which would be a shame, but he's in a position where we have lots of depth and home-grown talent.

2) A high-quality signing in the centre. And I don't mean a player who was excellent underage and could potentially grow into a brilliant player (as Stander has, as we hope Bleyendaal will). Someone who has the experience and ability to come into the side and improve it almost straight away. That would mean losing Smith. If no-one who fits the bill is available and Smith does well for the rest of the season, he could win an extension.

3) A replacement for Botha. I suspect we'll be allowed sign another NIQ here thanks to the emergence of a few tightheads around Ireland. The replacement will probably have to come to be back-up to Archer though, so may not be of the same standard.

Bleyendaal and Stander to stay on, obviously.

Comment

I still remain to be convinced by Archer.

Comment

NIQ players for next season?

I can't see TOL coming back as a second choice when he'll be able to get a start in the Premiership or in France.

I'd say Leinster is a more likely destination.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                          I still remain to be convinced by Archer.
                          Same. The IRFU have broken the niq rules a few times already and they aren't going to allow Munster to get hosed in the group stages of the not heineken due to scrum issues so they'll allow it again. Pisses me off that Leinster lost white to Connacht with us not being allowed to renew him for the one year when the irfu seemed quite stringent.
                          The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            I can't see TOL coming back as a second choice when he'll be able to get a start in the Premiership or in France.

I'd say Leinster is a more likely definition.
                            We've boss and reddan til 2015 with mcgrath and cooney on loan in connacht. Boss has waned this season, reddan's still number one so we might see reddan renewed, boss retiring and one of mcgrath or cooney kept with a big NIQ scrummie brought in to partner sexton after the world cup.
                            The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Is BJ definately finished this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X