Change Of Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Of Jersey

I have been told that Munsterhave saidgoodbye to Canterbury and have signed a 3 year Deal with Adidas. Munster will be taking a percentage of the Sales of the New Jersey whichis the largest selling Rugby Club Jersey in Europe. Also Geordan Murphy is in Contract negiotions with a possible move to Munster next year.

The adidas news has been mentioned before - but good to hear about a deal on the no. of jerseyes sold.

Interesting too to hear that Murphy is talking to us - that'll have the 'elderly poodle' spitting chips! @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">(Sorry LL!)@@@@/SPAN>

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by AXELF

I have been told that Munsterhave saidgoodbye to Canterbury and have signed a 3 year Deal with Adidas. Munster will be taking a percentage of the Sales of the New Jersey whichis the largest selling Rugby Club Jersey in Europe. Also Geordan Murphy is in Contract negiotions with a possible move to Munster next year.

Yeah Axel this was discussed before (much to my personal disgust as I don't rate Adidas jerseys at all - in fact I'd go so far as to say I hate them !! Much prefer the Canterbury ones !!!).

As far as Murphy is concerned - do we want him here ??? Sure of course he wants to finish up his rugby career in Ireland in order to avail of the deal done re taxes etc., but he's not exactly in the prime of his career tight now and is getting older.

Personally I'd prefer to see us engaging the uses of some home (i.e. Munster) grown talent that woudn't cost as much as Geordan would. I see Shampayne keeping the no. 15 jersey for another full year at least (unless his contract expires in the interim and he doesn't want to play on - I'm not sure what the story is there). But Sham is playing some pretty solid and entertaining rugby for us at FB so why move him for the likes of Murphy ???
      Pie Jesu Domine
      Donna eus requiem

Comment

Murphy would be a great aquisition.. international quality fb to repalce Cullen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback
          Murphy would be a great aquisition.. international quality fb to repalce Cullen.

WHOAH !!!!!

This is Geordan Murphy that you are talking about ????

You honestly he's an "International quality full back"???? You HAVE seen him play for Ireland ??? Sure - he has performed to a reasonably good standard for his club but has rarely (if EVER) reproduced that level of performance when he's played for Ireland.

How can you honestly call him an international quality full back ???

[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]That's what I personally would say to Munster acquiring him. Do you not think we'd be better off using the money that we would have to pay him to bring through some home players ?
          Pie Jesu Domine
          Donna eus requiem

Comment

I'd say the Murphy thing is a done deal.. and Munster will have little say in the matter, IRFU/PAG will dictate it, he'll be in cotton wool (IRFU control) prior to the RWC.

Makes sense re the IRFU/PAG reluctance to santion Cullen's further contract. I'd say they saw this one from afar.

Comment

Yes Murphy is International but I think he's best season's are behind Him.Love to see another Luke Fitzgerald come through the Munster Academy but Think Shaun Payne is a better option than Murphy.He's playing outstanding Stuff and you only have to look at the performance against Leicester to justify another contract.

With regards to the Jerseys-Adidas are poor compared to Canterbury, didn't like the Lions Jersey and not too gone on the All blacks one either.Lets hope they Munster Branch sign off on a decent version!

Comment

Reckon he'd be a very decent signing, so long as the bucks were sensible. I'd see him more as a winger for us; but he's versatile enough which is always a good thing for a squad.

Thing is - he'd more a huge amount of sense for us as a signing if he were NOT going to be involved in every Camp Carney session going - now what're the odds on him saying goodbye to Irish involvment post RWC? Or being said goodbye to? Slim enough.

Comment

See the Munster junior supporters section are holding a competion for a jersey design so I'd say it's in safe hands AXELF[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

think murphy would be a great signing for us. He's a quality player at club level at least. Payne is 34, and Cullen is crocked and there isnt the quality coming through the academy as of yet at full back.

The adidas jerseys can be nice , but if you have a belly good look youll look like a spa.

Comment

Great-We'll have a pink Away Jersey then to Match Stade!

Comment

champers had said a few months back that this would be his last season... i'd say he'll re-visit that decision depending on how he finishes the season.

He's been a fantastic player for munster, fitting in from the moment he arrived and winning the support of the fans almost immediately.

Murphy could be interesting .. he's 28making himyounger than anthony horgan/cullen, kelly and champers, but still older than Mossie.It's possible champers might move to the bench next season if he stays on, and horgan/kelly could end up on a rotation if age starts to catch up with them.

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by AXELF

I have been told that Munsterhave
                          saidgoodbye to Canterbury and have signed a 3 year Deal with
                          Adidas. Munster will be taking a percentage of the Sales of the New
                          Jersey whichis the largest selling Rugby Club Jersey in Europe.
                          Also Geordan Murphy is in Contract negiotions with a possible move to
                          Munster next year.

Good news on the better deal for Munster, anyone hazard a guess on how
                          much of a percentage they get? And when does the deal kick in, next
                          season? So i will hold off on buying a few....

Good news about Murphy coming, i reckon, if the money is not too ridiculous, or will he be centrally contracted?

There will be three murphy's then... BArry, Larry, Geordie...[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Dont see Murphy coming. He'd cost too much money and his popstargirlfriend probably wouldnt take to the idea.

Hes a bloody good player. Lets see if Cullen comes back, Payne holds on.Id see him on the wing for us to be honest.......

Comment

Unless we can get someone like Kearney, Murphy would be a great signing. He has alot of good rugby left in him. I agree he hasn`t always reached the heights with Ireland but he`s been superb for Leicester and has 2 HC cup medals. We want winners.

Comment

Working...
                              X