Blues v. Munster 1/11/14, 17:15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blues v. Munster 1/11/14, 17:15

Time to focus on the next job in hand. Away in Wales, and need to put this one away to send us into the international break on a roll.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

It will be interesting to see the extent of the rotation....

I think we need full strength and to go after a result.

Comment

#seriousbusiness
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Spot on. We're on a roll so no let up
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I think it makes sense to rotate a little. Kilcoyne and Copeland made big impacts coming off the bench so give them starts. Archer might be worth another start too. Maybe rest Keatley and give Hanrahan a start with Johnny Holland on the bench to give him the chance to become a viable option for the senior side (which in turn also makes having both Keats and JJ on the pitch at the same time a more viable option). Being slightly more proactive with substitutions earlier in the game would also be something to welcome.

What I'd really like to see is a little more adventure in the backs. Hurley and Smith need to play games where they get comfortable bringing their back three into the game more at this level before they do it at European level.

Comment

Likely to be dealt a Schmidt hand in terms of selection?
            I am the million man.

Comment

Yeah, I suspect it will minus internationals. Its the b&I cup team with a few others who didn't make the Joe cut
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

We could easily be down the whole irish selection for this one. 11 front liners is a serious chunk out of our squad given our injury situation. At least with the 2 week break coming up there should be no need to rest any of the available players.
                Dougal played half an hour for the A's so he'll strengthen the backrow. John Ryan was hoping to be back for the Worcester game so hopefully he'll be available too. With Killer and Cronin in the Ireland squad we could do with him back at loosehead. Whoever wears the no. 1 jersey is likely to be propping down against Adam Jones (with a point to prove!).
                I'd be confident that Jack O'Donoghue might make the bench. He seems to be on fire based on recent reports and it'd be great to see Axel picking guys on form.
                Does anybody know if O'Dea is injured again? Given that he isn't in the ERC Cup squad I was surprised he wasn't involved against Nottingham.
                Ryan, Casey, Botha, O'Callaghan, Holland, Stander, Dougal, Copeland, Williams, Hanrahan, VDH, Hurley, Smith, Conway, Murphy perhaps?
                Dineen, Guinazu, Buckley or ROM could get a run too if some of the starters against Sarries are carrying knocks.
                \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Not a bad selection but yeah you would be worried at loosehead, will need two of them to share the load
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

There would be a strong argument to start the argie hooker, we could need him very soon and Casey needs protecting
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Not expecting to see any Ints in Cardiff. Looking forward to visiting one of my favourite cities and the fact that it is one of my cheaper trips doesn't hurt!
                      PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!:smile2:

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                        There would be a strong argument to start the argie hooker, we could need him very soon and Casey needs protecting
                        Strong argument to leave Casey out of the squad completely and let two out of Guinazu, Scannell and O'Byrne have a go. Ludicrous Casey is not in St Joe's squad but I am delighted even if the player himself must wonder what he has to do watching the Leinster hookers' inability to hit a barn door.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                          Not a bad selection but yeah you would be worried at loosehead, will need two of them to share the load
                          Anyone know what has happened to Brian Scott? Was very impressed with him off the bench last year in the B and I cup game versus Plymouth.

Comment

is this on telly?
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              is this on telly?
                              On sky sports 2
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X