B&I Cup - Munster A v Moseley - Clonmel on Sat 11/10/14 at 15:00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&I Cup - Munster A v Moseley - Clonmel on Sat 11/10/14 at 15:00

Our first game of the new season in the B&I Cup takes place in Clonmel on Saturday 11th October at 15:00.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BysK2-pCMAEZiSD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	2497575

Always enjoy the B&I threads!
    I am the million man.

Comment

Some one of the esteemed mods might merge Tipplad's thread into this one. EDIT: Just realised that's for an entirely different game. Not too clever...

Would expect to see something along the lines of:

J. Ryan O'Byrne Kelly
      Madigan McCarthy
      Buckley O'Donoghue B. O'Mahony
      Sheridan R. Scannell
      Sweetnam Dineen Goggin O'Dea
      R. O'Mahony

And the bench would, I suppose, look like: Abbott/Two from Burke, Horan, and Scott (honestly no idea)/Moloney/Ryan Murphy/Glynn/one of Johnston or Lyons/one of Wootton or Fitzgerald?

Not a clue of the pecking order within the Academy really. Should be interesting to see how some of the young lads get on. Would be particularly keen to hear how John Madigan gets on if anyone can make it, have heard a lot about him without ever actually having seen him play.
      Last edited by thoughtless; 2nd-October-2014, 16:02.

Comment

Playing Leinster this weekend, you'd assume they'd hope to be doing a lot better than last time they played them..

Leinster might look like this:

1. Ed Byrne
        2. Bryan Byrne
        3. Tadhg Furlong
        4. Gavin Thornbury
        5. Tom Denton
        6. Ben Marshall
        7. Josh Van Der Flier
        8. Jack Conan
        9. Luke McGrath
        10. Cathal Marsh
        11. Sam Coghlan Murray
        12. Steve Crosbie
        13. Tom Daly
        14. Adam Byrne
        15. Cian Kelleher
        16. James Tracy
        17. Peter Dooley
        18. Ross Molony
        19. Peadar Timmins
        20. Nick McCarthy
        21. Ross Byrne
        22. Tom Farrell

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
          Playing Leinster this weekend, you'd assume they'd hope to be doing a lot better than last time they played them..
          No I'd say they're hoping to get hockeyed again alright.

Comment

I went to the Gloucester pre season game there a few weeks ago, Madigan came on as a sub, looks to be a good player, he is huge height and weight only 20 too, mobile too for a guy that big, McCarthy the other second played most the match that day looks to be a useful player, and Fitzgerald at full back looked very assured on his senior debut

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden7 View Post
              I went to the Gloucester pre season game there a few weeks ago, Madigan came on as a sub, looks to be a good player, he is huge height and weight only 20 too, mobile too for a guy that big, McCarthy the other second played most the match that day looks to be a useful player, and Fitzgerald at full back looked very assured on his senior debut
              I've heard great things about Fitzgerald alright and he looked every bit the composed athlete when I saw him during the 7s. Seemed to have time on the ball.

Comment

Just in case anyone is wondering, Munster A vs Leinster A is on this Sat at 1 pm in Donnybrook. The venue wasn't listed on the dead site fixture list but its mentioned at the end of an article about the senior game.

I think I'll head down to Donnybrook to watch it so I'll throw up some updates.

Comment

We don't have clubs lording it over the AIL anymore to provide players to Munster with 'the winning habit' and the mentality that engenders. These A games are the vehicle for that now. Every bit as important to the future of Munster rugby as the senior team. If we can foster that edge here at this level we'll go a long way to sorting things out.

Comment

For Moseley I reckon
                    Cotter, O'Byrne, Kelly
                    Holland, Madigan
                    Buckley, BOM, Butler
                    Sheridan, Holland
                    Scannell, Dineen
                    Sweetnam, ROM, Fitzgerald
                    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by déiseman View Post
                      Just in case anyone is wondering, Munster A vs Leinster A is on this Sat at 1 pm in Donnybrook. The venue wasn't listed on the dead site fixture list but its mentioned at the end of an article about the senior game.

Keep an eye out for us and stevetelcom & Ernie. We'll be wearing Munster jerseys and a beret, apparently.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Munster A team to play Leinster on Sat

Munster A: Johne Murphy; Ronan O'Mahony, Ivan Dineen, Rory Scannell, Luke O'Dea; David Johnston, Cathal Sheridan; Alan Cotter, Kevin O'Byrne, Rory Burke; Donncha O'Callaghan, Sean McCarthy; Shane Buckley, Barry O'Mahony, Jack O'Donoghue (Capt.).

Replacements: Max Abbott, Eusebio Guinazu, John Madigan, Ryan Murphy, Jamie Glynn, Dan Goggin, Alex Wootton.

Gwan JOD!!! Some honour for the lad to be named captain ahead of the liks of DOC and Johne Murphy, especially considering this is his first start in at any level of adult rugby for Munster and only his 3rd appearance for the A team!

Don't know much about Johnston but hopefully he goes well. Is Sweetnam injured? If the scrum holds up they should be well in with a shout!
                        Last edited by déiseman; 3rd-October-2014, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by déiseman View Post

I'll be at this as well. We play AIL v Bective in Donnybrook straight after A game. Should also be able to out up some updates here if its needed

Comment

The A team to be named tomorrow but we can make some educated guesses based on who is involved in the Scarlets game. Hopefully weather will be kind and they get a good crowd out to support them.
                            www.WestTerraceView.wordpress.com

Comment

Something like?

Cotter, Abbott, Ryan, McCarthy, Moloney, Buckley, BOM, O'Donoghue, Sheridan, Johnston, O'Dea, Scannell, Goggin, ROM, Fitzgerald

Burke, O'Driscoll?, ?????, Murphy, Glynn, Lyons, Wootton

That's assuming that Butler, DOC2, Dougal, Sweetnam, Holland, Conway etc... are still injured.
                              I'm really not sure who the hookers and second rows could be.
                              \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Working...
                              X