• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
    TV companies
    And them falling over themselves last night to cover this game...

Annoying but reality. [emoji2]

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Encouraging result and, by the sounds of it, performance. Smith settling in at 13 but our best 12 is still a conundrum. Dinny, Dineen, Keatley? Need to give the latter a go imho but Dinny won't let us down if that's what we end up with.

With a few more big players back - Earls, Ryan (and Dave Foley), POM - we'll be motoring.

By the way, a back row of POM, TOD and Stander with Dougall or DOC2 on the bench is our best bet imo. Lots of pace, power and dog, with a bit of lineout ability thrown in.

Leave a comment:

• Bitter As A Lemon
    replied
    Originally posted by redalan View Post
    The sooner these Friday night matches go, the better. A disaster for those of us living outside Limerick, in my case , Dublin. The Saracens game , Friday night. The worst of the lot - our game of the year - against Leinster - the day after Christmas day - a Friday - and there are no bloody trains running. Most of us have family commitments and have to visit the in-laws etc. Why couldn't this game be switched to the Saturday ?
    TV companies

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by Call999 View Post
    On tonight's performance there's no HCup nor P 12 this year. Zebre were only average at best. A lot of good things introduced but I worry that our pack have displayed little or no dog yet. Max 8k attendance
    Yes, but we won. The next 5 games will make or break our season.

With POM and DR I expect there will be some dog.

Leave a comment:

• blackandwhite
    replied
    Originally posted by Armin Tamzarian View Post
    Is he the fist Waterford man to play for Munster in many a year. If so, this is an important moment in the growth of Munster rugby in the whole province.
    Was Ben Cronin the last Waterford man to play for Munster ?

Leave a comment:

• redalan
    replied
    The sooner these Friday night matches go, the better. A disaster for those of us living outside Limerick, in my case , Dublin. The Saracens game , Friday night. The worst of the lot - our game of the year - against Leinster - the day after Christmas day - a Friday - and there are no bloody trains running. Most of us have family commitments and have to visit the in-laws etc. Why couldn't this game be switched to the Saturday ?

Originally posted by Call999 View Post
    On tonight's performance there's no HCup nor P 12 this year. Zebre were only average at best. A lot of good things introduced but I worry that our pack have displayed little or no dog yet. Max 8k attendance

Leave a comment:

• Call999
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lactose intolerant
    replied
    Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
    I know it's (very) early days in the season, but does anyone else feel that JJ should just be given the reigns this season?

Keatley has done very well for us and has done a lot for Munster under extreme pressure, when we all thought where do we go from here when ROG retired, he's a good player, but, as harsh as it may sound, at 27 he'll only ever been a pretty good player. He's a solid player and we all know what he can do, but young JJ is a bit of an unknown. He (IMO) has the potential to be great and it feels very much like he's being held back, like we're missing out on potentially great at the expense of solid and good. I think it's time to just throw him in and let him play on the big stage consistently.
    It's become a no brainer to me to be honest, jj seems to have something a bit extra! Then again, my job doesn't rest on the decision!

What swings it for me is that keatleys strengths are also jjs, with an extra half yard of pace, a bigger boot and improved goalkicking thrown in on top! Also, Murray's game management from 9 allows for more of a gamebreaker at 10

I would definitely be giving him the run in the upcoming big ones!

That said, there's space in the side for somebody of keatleys footballing ability and intelligence!

Leave a comment:

• lowbatt07
    replied
    what was the attendance tonight ? 5/6k? Im sure they'll announce it as 13/14k incl season ticket holders?

Dinny , first choice 12 is truly frightening. compounded by the fact that dineen is the only other fit recognised 12

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
    different position i know but the guy who won junior world player of the year from when JJ was nominated has 15 SA caps now. its a tough one. you could derail a season if it doesnt work but part of me would like to see us try
    I'd agree if this was mid way through a season (though
    if I remember rightly Stringer and Payne were dropped right before a HC match mid season) but we're right at the start of one. Give him a real shot and I think he could be the real deal. But we're never going to know if he's kept on the bench. Sometimes you just have to take that leap.

I remember the first time I saw him playing I thought wow this lad can play, Keatley is a worker and he's pretty solid but he's not going to get much better, he's good but will only ever be good.

JJ has the potential to be great, if I was him and didn't get game this season I'd be out the gap, you can only be young with potential for so long.

Leave a comment:

• ick
    replied
    I'm not sure Holland took any first phase ball when he was on. Dinny looked to be at first receiver when we had the ball.

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    If he can get those hands free on the crash, then, ladies and gentlemen, we are off to the races. :D
    Tbh Johne had more of an impact at 12 when he came on. Hurley was solid with 1 or 2 offloads but quiet enough. In saying that, the game had loosened when Murphy came on. The backrow were disappointing for me. The jury is still out on Copeland, I'm not convinced by him. Butler outplayed him.

Backs were very sharp. I thought murray was excellent, he took a lot of pressure off Holland with his kicking. ROM had super first half, quieter in the second. Felix looks back to his best, although I can't understand how a fb is captain not that you'd notice it with all the yakking Paulie was doing to the ref

Leave a comment:

• ick
    replied
    I think Dinny is a stone or 2 light to be another halstead, unfortunately, but he did try the offload on the crash, but the ball ended up getting knocked on. :( more practice & we could be onto a winner though.

Little or competing at the ruck again tonight, so if we come up against a team with a decent back row, they are going to have a field day.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
    I know it's (very) early days in the season, but does anyone else feel that JJ should just be given the reigns this season?

Keatley has done very well for us and has done a lot for Munster under extreme pressure, when we all thought where do we go from here when ROG retired, he's a good player, but, as harsh as it may sound, at 27 he'll only ever been a pretty good player. He's a solid player and we all know what he can do, but young JJ is a bit of an unknown. He (IMO) has the potential to be great and it feels very much like he's being held back, like we're missing out on potentially great at the expense of solid and good. I think it's time to just throw him in and let him play on the big stage consistently.
    different position i know but the guy who won junior world player of the year from when JJ was nominated has 15 SA caps now. its a tough one. you could derail a season if it doesnt work but part of me would like to see us try

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied

Last edited by Stringer9; 19-September-2014, 22:39.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X