X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by McCloud View Post
    No cameras at the Munster game so there will not be many highlights if any to see.
    I think there was one camera on the West Stand but I could easily be wrong on that. I hope we can have some highlights from last night.

Leave a comment:

• McCloud
    replied
    Originally posted by Hellraiser View Post
    Any idea where highlights will be shown? Rugbaí Beo isn't on tonight.
    No cameras at the Munster game so there will not be many highlights if any to see.

Leave a comment:

• Hellraiser
    replied
    Any idea where highlights will be shown? Rugbaí Beo isn't on tonight.

Leave a comment:

• ThreeJ
    replied
    Jj 10 keatley 12... do it now!

Leave a comment:

• megladon
    replied
    Enjoyed the game lastnight but hard to read alot into it,Zebre while committed are poor enough.Our scrum creaked a bit when BJ was taken off,if this is his last season with us id be a liitle worried about THP for next season.Copeland had a very quiet game,i really hope there is more to come from this guy,somebody earlier mentioned Butler outplayed him and id have to agree.Paddy seems to have bulked up quiet a bit,he got through a world of work lastnight.
    The one thing that struck me more than anything else lastnight was there seems to be an onus now on every back to make linebreaks.Last season it was a case of go wide till we reach the touch line,not so lastnight.Every back lastnight made a linebreak at some stage.Would love to see JJ and CM starting halfbacks with Keatley and Smith in the centre,Zeebs and Earls on the wings and jones at FB.Pack looks harder to call at the min,Cronin vgood also lastnight made a great linebreak,never realised he was so pacey,but killer is some beast on his day too.Varley starts at 2 with BJ at 3.POC and Foley/Ryan,with Stander,TOD and POM in the backrow.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Average
    replied
    Hurley would have been my Motm last night. He was constantly putting other players into space. Most of what was good in our play last night, came through him.
    I hadn't seen Holland play before, he did just fine in his 23 minutes on the pitch.
    I'd still be concerned about our tactics defensively. There doesn't currently seem to be much will to compete for the ball at the breakdown at the moment. We're just not getting enough turnovers and they were there for the taking last night.
    Zebre were awful by the way. The lads would have had tougher training sessions during the week.

Leave a comment:

• FORWARD....
    replied
    I enjoyed that game, as did the crowd around me on the ET.

Backline worked well (when did we last see that?).

Cronin, Duncan, Murray, JJ, Zebo (Underrated ? Ha, not in my world), Smith, Felix, ROM were all very good. Murray ran the game well and JJ just is special. Is it cowboy who said above that you see the chess pieces moving in his head when he gets the ball? He does everything at speed and really keeps the opposition guessing. Axel has to play him as the starting 10.

Zebre weren't too shabby IMHO. They came to play and I thought they competed well, their centres were good, their 11 and 8 also had good games. They played better than Edinburgh two weeks ago and deserved the score at the end.
    Last edited by FORWARD....; 20-September-2014, 11:56.

Leave a comment:

• Armin Tamzarian
    replied
    Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
    Was Ben Cronin the last Waterford man to play for Munster ?
    I believe so

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was very disappointed at the poor turn out last night. I thought the lack of TV might bring more out.......I'm not having a go at folks who had to work.......

People have often bemoaned Munster as a Cup Comp team only......but many of the fans are the same too.

Some aspects of our play were encouraging. Some were ok. A few players put in a good shift, ROM, JJ and Felix for me stand out most. Jack went well on his debut.

We seemed to make a conscious effort to hold the line as opposed to contest the breakdowns in defence. While Zebre may not be top drawer they have scored reasonably well in games so to keep them scoreless for 80 was good. We scrambled well to defend good breaks they had in the first half.

I was moaning at the kicking tactics, especially when we ran so well for try 1 and made good ground with ball in hand once or twice. But the tactic provided scores like ROM chasing a perfect box kick from Murray, before great support got a recycle .... Including Murray and then a try.

While Zebre were not overly skillful, inventive or well drilled they were quite physical and the ref had a bit of a Lassiez Faire attitude to the breakdowns, going off feet etc that helped them.
    Last edited by Corcíoch; 20-September-2014, 10:11.

Leave a comment:

• lactose intolerant
    replied
    Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    That's him gone from the November internationals so.
    Nah it's ok, he has 'resource rucks' on the other wrist

Leave a comment:

• supiebrian
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    Encouraging result and, by the sounds of it, performance. Smith settling in at 13 but our best 12 is still a conundrum. Dinny, Dineen, Keatley? Need to give the latter a go imho but Dinny won't let us down if that's what we end up with.

With a few more big players back - Earls, Ryan (and Dave Foley), POM - we'll be motoring.

By the way, a back row of POM, TOD and Stander with Dougall or DOC2 on the bench is our best bet imo. Lots of pace, power and dog, with a bit of lineout ability thrown in.
    I assume you have Stander playing 8 in that set up? I am always a fan of an aggressive powerful BR, so could see that working.

Unfortunately Copeland has only been ok at this stage and certainly not living up to the hype and view that he was this all powerful all conquering marauding no8 who, from the base of the scrum was going to improve things considerably.

Probably needs more time though, so not writing him off just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Did he have "See other wrist" on his right wrist?

Leave a comment:

• Bitter As A Lemon
    replied
    Originally posted by Call999 View Post
    On tonight's performance there's no HCup nor P 12 this year. Zebre were only average at best. A lot of good things introduced but I worry that our pack have displayed little or no dog yet. Max 8k attendance

I would hope hope that we are not showing our best rugby in the third game of the season. Maybe we will win sweet fa this year but making a final judgment in Sept isn't a fair reflection.

glad to hear Smith played well, hopefully he progresses still further with the team. I hope I am wrong about Copeland but to hear one opinion that Butler outplayed him is worrying. Yes I know it's early in the season but an impression would be good, let's hope he kicks on from here. For me he seems more of a dry weather sort of player. The quicker the surface, the better.

i wonder will JJ be given the opportunity to play at 12 next week. If we want to play with two distributors then it is the obvious fit.

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    That's him gone from the November internationals so.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411202773501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2484034
    he has UNDER-RATED on his left wrist

:)

Leave a comment:

Working...