Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bazzyg
    replied
    Good game, first 20 mins, they tackled well but faded and left too many gaps. As above the straight running was a joy to watch, Smith head and shoulders stood out, his pass for the 2nd try was best for me, he delayed long enough to commit the cover to give Zebo a little more time.

I'll plump for JJ, he was this good last year but fell away toward the end, he's a constant threat and needs games.

Backrow were average, the young lad who came on looked best on display. Tommy carried but made no ground, don't recall Copeland carrying. Murray was sloppy at times but overall brings a calm.

The defence was a bit tame times, too often they were leaking easy yards from halfway to 22, a better team would butcher us. Only went wide when it was time to so that was better. It's good to be back.

Edit
    Felix tried to kill himself again, he madly(bravely?) charged into one of their lads when standing off would have worked, he got an elbow to the head but could have been worse, he was wobbly for a while, Captaincy suits him he was nearly back to his form of a few years ago. He spent a fair whack of time on the left with Zebo at fullback
    Last edited by bazzyg; 20-September-2014, 20:20. Reason: extra

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    How did Paulie play?
    He gave referee Davies a sore ear from chatting :)

Usual Paulie, tackled like a sledgehammer, ran the lineout and carried as much as he could.

Did not look rusty nor puffing throughout it

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    The problem is Sky Spurts 'exclusive' game on Saturdays and RTE decision not to spend anything on Pro12 (the battle with Sky Spurts over the Gah being one of the main reasons).

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    How did Paulie play?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by Drick View Post
    Its been said before, but it's worth repeating that this fixture was originally down to be played in Parma. It was changed a few days after the fixtures was made public, but thomond park went ahead & accepted a booking for a private function in TP today.

they could have looked to move the fixture to Sunday, but I think it works out well the match was last night.
    Ospreys are playing tomorrow, so Munster will have a extra days recovery time while they have a day less.
    The booking for TP today was made before last nights game was rescheduled.

A game tomorrow would clash with the All Ireland football final.

Rock and Hard Place comes to mind when Munster were asked/told to reschedule.

Leave a comment:

• ick
    replied
    Originally posted by busby View Post
    Last nights game had no cameras at it from any tv station. No excuse for it being on a Friday night except for incompetent scheduling.

Munster and the IRFU should be kicking up a **** storm over this.
    Its been said before, but it's worth repeating that this fixture was originally down to be played in Parma. It was changed a few days after the fixtures was made public, but thomond park went ahead & accepted a booking for a private function in TP today.

they could have looked to move the fixture to Sunday, but I think it works out well the match was last night.
    Ospreys are playing tomorrow, so Munster will have a extra days recovery time while they have a day less.

Leave a comment:

• busby
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    And in public.
    Yep. Garrett has been far too tame in his public comments on this. The last year has shown us that grandstanding wins, about time we tried some of it.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Last nights game had no cameras at it from any tv station. No excuse for it being on a Friday night except for incompetent scheduling.

And in public.

Leave a comment:

• Redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
    I know a lot of people who have Sky Sports, who can't make it to many games, for the sole reason to watch the rugby. Not too pleased so far.
    Just imagine when BT want a slice of the pro12 viewer pie. (meant as a joke but you never know)

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
    I enjoyed that game, as did the crowd around me on the ET.

Backline worked well (when did we last see that?).

Cronin, Duncan, Murray, JJ, Zebo (Underrated ? Ha, not in my world), Smith, Felix, ROM were all very good. Murray ran the game well and JJ just is special. Is it cowboy who said above that you see the chess pieces moving in his head when he gets the ball? He does everything at speed and really keeps the opposition guessing. Axel has to play him as the starting 10.

Zebre weren't too shabby IMHO. They came to play and I thought they competed well, their centres were good, their 11 and 8 also had good games. They played better than Edinburgh two weeks ago and deserved the score at the end.
    He's a flight control outhalf is all I can think of. It's been a long time since I've seen a Munster player who drew as many defenders toward him eating up their defensive alignment, he runs toward the gainline with his shoulders low and has a bullet pass off both hands. I genuinely think he's the best young playmaker I've seen for us in a long long time. Now, that must be prefaced with the fact that we were playing one of the weakest league sides at home, but still, I think he knows how to create tries, and mayhem. He tries all his repertoire at least once in the game, break, dummy, step, dink, power etc etc etc and I'd say hes a nightmare to mark.

He also knows how to win, as his little shimmy in Perpignan will testify.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 20-September-2014, 15:33.

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied

I know a lot of people who have Sky Sports, who can't make it to many games, for the sole reason to watch the rugby. Not too pleased so far.

Leave a comment:

• busby
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
    TV companies

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game, now thats not a slight on those who couldn't see it nor attend but it was an enjoyable tussle.

I would be hopeful that we would see a higher attendance for the Ospreys on this day week however, they are a bigger name and its a saturday night.

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied
    Originally posted by CorcĂ­och View Post
    I was very disappointed at the poor turn out last night. I thought the lack of TV might bring more out.......I'm not having a go at folks who had to work.......

People have often bemoaned Munster as a Cup Comp team only......but many of the fans are the same too.

Some aspects of our play were encouraging. Some were ok. A few players put in a good shift, ROM, JJ and Felix for me stand out most. Jack went well on his debut.

We seemed to make a conscious effort to hold the line as opposed to contest the breakdowns in defence. While Zebre may not be top drawer they have scored reasonably well in games so to keep them scoreless for 80 was good. We scrambled well to defend good breaks they had in the first half.

I was moaning at the kicking tactics, especially when we ran so well for try 1 and made good ground with ball in hand once or twice. But the tactic provided scores like ROM chasing a perfect box kick from Murray, before great support got a recycle .... Including Murray and then a try.

While Zebre were not overly skillful, inventive or well drilled they were quite physical and the ref had a bit of a Lassiez Faire attitude to the breakdowns, going off feet etc that helped them.
    The Friday nights are a killer for anyone outside of Limerick. I can't make it to any game on a Friday because of work, which is very frustrating when there's no coverage of it.
    Doesn't help that it was against Zebre. But it's not exactly like everyone was at home watching it on tv.

Leave a comment:

• Viigand
    replied
    I don't think so, I normally stand in WTN under the camera gantry and nothing there last night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X