X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    He's just very composed, he doesn't panic and snatch at the ball just because the try line is looming. People criticise him for seeming casual but it's actually that nonchalence that, allied to a good work rate and high skill level, makes him such a good finisher. He makes it look easy.

The contrast with Fitzgerald, a similarly skillful and quick player, is interesting. Fitz has had so many injury problems and is so keen to make an impact when he does get on the field that he frequently fluffs opportunities that a player of his ability should nail. He seems to stuggle to relax and just let his pace and skills do the work.

Zeebs looks like a player in the zone at the moment. Just at ease with himself and the game. I hope he can preserve that mentality.
    It was Zebre not Toulon. That's the caveat I'd throw in there.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    The balance Zebo displayed for the third try to take the ball so far behind him and still hardly break stride was exceptional.
    I was roughly in line with it and thought it was gone, he did exceptionally well to control the ball and catch it without really breaking his stride.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    The balance Zebo displayed for the third try to take the ball so far behind him and still hardly break stride was exceptional.
    He's just very composed, he doesn't panic and snatch at the ball just because the try line is looming. People criticise him for seeming casual but it's actually that nonchalence that, allied to a good work rate and high skill level, makes him such a good finisher. He makes it look easy.

The contrast with Fitzgerald, a similarly skillful and quick player, is interesting. Fitz has had so many injury problems and is so keen to make an impact when he does get on the field that he frequently fluffs opportunities that a player of his ability should nail. He seems to stuggle to relax and just let his pace and skills do the work.

Zeebs looks like a player in the zone at the moment. Just at ease with himself and the game. I hope he can preserve that mentality.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dearg Doom
    replied
    Me too, I was delighted to see the highlights clip was 3 minutes long and then nearly half was a Sky ad! I see Sky did the highlights clips this weekend (not just their Sat games) so that is probably a commercial decision but I preferred the Rabo style of putting out clips during the game and then the longer highlights package by the end of the weekend.

http://westterraceview.wordpress.com/2014/09/21/siege/

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
    Why isn't Cronin's break in the highlights?
    And ROM's, disappointed with the "highlights" package

Leave a comment:

• FORWARD....
    replied
    Why isn't Cronin's break in the highlights?

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    And running fecking straight not pinching everyone else's space.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    What struck me was: straighten, draw, give. On all four back tries. Zebo had a lovely bit of footwork with no discernible loss of speed to stand up and then round the last man for his first, but still in good space by Smith; Dinny12 stepped on, drew, gave, AND hit the last man for his second, to give a dot-down; third was a nice take; and Zebo's step in, draw, pass to put Smith over was lovely.

Basic, but none the worse for that!
    I was thinking the very same - simple but effective.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
    Highlights up on Pro12 site.

http://youtu.be/qkJqQK2hj7A
    What struck me was: straighten, draw, give. On all four back tries. Zebo had a lovely bit of footwork with no discernible loss of speed to stand up and then round the last man for his first, but still in good space by Smith; Dinny12 stepped on, drew, gave, AND hit the last man for his second, to give a dot-down; third was a nice take; and Zebo's step in, draw, pass to put Smith over was lovely.

Basic, but none the worse for that!

Leave a comment:

• deltared
    replied
    Originally posted by Redgiant View Post
    Just imagine when BT want a slice of the pro12 viewer pie. (meant as a joke but you never know)
    Be careful what you wish for, for it might just come true.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Highlights up on Pro12 site.

http://youtu.be/qkJqQK2hj7A
    Last edited by Paddy Whac; 21-September-2014, 19:59.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Cowboy - thanks for your efforts on this thread. The format is good.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    'hon Squeaky and yer backline playbook! :)

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    TOD looked like he was wading through quicksand after 60 mins. Absolutely bollixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X